what do i pack for local surgery? help!

Laney B.
on 2/5/12 2:38 am
 i totally can't THINK, i've been having probs with my husband and our house being repossessed and i can't think, now my surgery is tomorrow, yay!! and i need help to know what to pack for it, please help with a comprehensive list i can just walk around like a zombie and gather? lol going out for an appt right now, will be back later to read responses, thank you for the help!!
landdnurse2
on 2/5/12 2:45 am - Midwest City, OK
I took my toiletry bag, wore a comfy drawstring sweatsuit & jacket, socks, underwear & bra, shirt and tennis shoes. Brought a robe, clean underwear, shirt & socks. My stomach was still very swollen at discharge do not wear jeans or tight pants. Did not wear my bra home because of an incision under my right breast. Just had on 2 coats to go home.
Good luck, you really don't need much!

HW 321 (9/08) SW 312 (1/11)  Pre-op 280 (11/1) Surgery 270 (12/11)
Tracasa
on 2/5/12 2:54 am
All I brought was a robe and slippers and underwear (Big) due to tummy and having the drain.
Going home just sweats and giant hoodie no bra and wore my slippers Congrats on your new journey hope everything works out for you and your family.

Texdawg
on 2/5/12 3:06 am
VSG on 01/17/12
I packed a lot and needed very little. Don't forget Chapstick. And comfy clothes to leave in. Good luck.
happyteacher
on 2/5/12 4:57 am
 I packed a lot and also used very little.  I used carmax a bunch, so some type of lip balm.  Comfortable loose clothing to get you home in.  Toiletries and that should do it.  The most important thing that I brought was my husband :0)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

cpbkmb06
on 2/5/12 5:02 am
VSG on 02/02/12
I wore a comfy outfit to the hospital and since I only had it on for the drive there I wore it home too. I brought my zune and kindle, but never felt up to listening to it or reading it.  I didn't wear or pack a bra because the drain would be in the way of my bra. I have a larger bust. Below is my list of things I took and used:

socks
undies
deodorant
toothbrush/toothpaste
shampoo/conditioner
body wash
lotion
makeup-I didn't feel like putting it on until the day I was released, but I felt better
hairbrush/ hair tie
plastic sack to put my dirty things in
chapstick
robe
notebook
cell phone and charger

kimbethin
on 2/5/12 5:22 am - CA

If your hair is long you'll want a brush and something for a ponytail. the list above was good.  I thought I would read, but didn't want to read for the first few weeks.  I couldn't really concentrate.  Lip balm for sure and cell phone and charger.  I wore the same clothes when I left the hospital as when I arrived.  I liked having my own slippers and robe.  The hospital hallways were chilly during my nighttime walks.  Good luck with surgery and recovery and everything else.

putting one foot in front of the other...        
Laney B.
on 2/5/12 7:08 am
 oh wow!!! just got home to all your answers!!! soooooo grateful lol thanks for getting my head together! just starting to pack now, not near as worried as i was before!!! bless you sweeting things all of you!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views