Full Liquids today--

cpbkmb06
on 2/6/12 3:56 am
VSG on 02/02/12
I am 4 days out and Cream of wheat has never tasted so good! lol! I must admit how shocked I am at how little of it I can eat. I made 1 serving size of it and I probably had 3 tbs. and I am comfortably full! I even added some protein powder to it to be sure I start upping my protein. I know I haven't reached goal the last 4 days as I am sipping, walking, resting, and doing it all over again! I can't wait to start seeing results. 

Beth S.
on 2/6/12 4:00 am - VA
VSG on 02/22/12
Congrats! What kind of protein powder are you using?

kam0520
on 2/6/12 4:06 am - AL
Do you make it fairly runny?  My husband and I both were sleeved a week ago and can each eat a full one of the individual serving bags of oatmeal, it does take us about 20 mins.  I am really starting to doubt that anything has changed in my stomach and eggs make it cramp.  It just seems ike we are able to eat too much.  
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Georgie Mayhem
on 2/6/12 5:31 am - New Zealand
I read a post last week, and was surprised your surgeon had you eating so quickly.
All surgeons have different phases and the length of time you are on them, but yours however seemed very quick to be on soft food.
I have read that eating to early can result in stretching your sleeve moreso. Try to be careful, maybe a little research?

cpbkmb06
on 2/6/12 4:06 am, edited 2/6/12 4:11 am
VSG on 02/02/12
I bought whey protein at Vitamin World. I bought natural flavor (which I can't stand), vanilla, and chocolate. I am hoping I find something to add the natural flavor in that tasted good. So far, no luck.

Well, this is the first day of a full liquid diet since I was sleeved, so I am not sure about anything but cream of wheat. I just made it according to package directions. So, I wouln't say it was really runny, but there weren't any clumps in it. I just know I am comfortably full and I don't want to push my sleeve. Someone on here posted about "under eating" your sleeve.  Are you feeling satisfied at all without finishing the package? If so, I would say stop eating when you are satisfied. If not, since you were just sleeved not long ago..my guess is you will feel full after you add regular diet foods. The denser the protein the more full you will feel. Maybe oatmeal could be a slider food for you? If you find you aren't being satisfied by things once you get a broader diet, I would definitely mention it to your dr.

ND2BTHN
on 2/6/12 6:28 am - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
Amazing! Full liquids at just 4 days out? I couldn't even dream of that. I was on clear liquids for 10 days, and felt full on that with just a baby spoon. Just hit mushies at 20 days out, where I could sit here for 10 days, or up to 3 weeks. I know each surgeons plan is different but don't rush the stages too much. Give your tummy the time it needs to heal. You will feel sick if the liquids are too thick and your stomach isn't ready to handle it yet. Give it a few more days than suggested, and the phases will go smoother. Also try strained creamed soups. Isn't as thick on the tummy as the cream of wheat may be, and you can get in a few spoons more comfortably.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
Most Active