great idea for improving the taste of isopure

Louise1970
on 2/24/12 11:12 am - new haven, CT
 As a milk HATER i tend towards isopure for protein supplements, they are ok on their own but I have found that a couple of squirts of MiO liquid water enhancr does wonders for the flavor! and makes it a little sweeter. the flavors and nutrition facts from MFP are below:

HW:367(5/11)  SW:291(12/11) GW:160     
Month 1: -31 lbs. 

Pooch2
on 2/24/12 11:36 am

Next time I order from somewhere that sells them I will try some with my Isopure.   Yea I don't like the taste of Isopure straight up either, so meanwhile I am using Crystal Ligh****er in a similar flavor  to the Isopure, tastes great cheap and great for those first few weeks before and after surgery, especially after....  

Also, you said you hate milk, if your lactose intolerant or not many folks tolerate the reduced milk sugars in Kefir, the other cultured milk.....you might try Kefir, where you would use  milk and see if you like it!   I use it as the media for my protein shake. 

HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
nicoleista
on 2/24/12 12:23 pm - MI
VSG on 03/05/12
I worry about how much sugar is in kefir. I would use it if it is okay. Maybe it is okay if you use it in small amounts. What do you think?
Pooch2
on 2/24/12 2:46 pm
Milk sugars are lactose (carbs) and some of them are consumed in the growth of the culture, leaving it with less sugars then the milk it started growing in, therefore less carbs, less lactose is why it is tolerated by those with lactose intolerance. The longer the culture grows the more milk sugars that are consumed and the less sweet it becomes. Most commercial kefirs are not fermented too long, for our sweet palats. Also most of lactose is in the whey, Fage Greek yogurt strains out some of the whey, thats why its thicker and has less carbs. Of course you cant buy a kefir with sugary fruit added, Im talking about plain, simple Kefir, well actually I just make my own but you can buy a clean, nothing added one at most stores and all health food stores. Try to find one that has no powdered milk or other additives, they do that to make it smoother and more commercially acceptable. Also one that says "contains live cultures" not just "made with live cultures". I am not lactose intolerant, I use it for its high probiotics for my gut, higher then yogurt and has B vitamins and folic acid, apparently it tends to lower blood sugar levels for those who drink it... (not a cure of course) Its healthy and tastes good to me and makes a great protien shake...
(deactivated member)
on 2/24/12 2:10 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 05/04/12 with
So glad to see this post because I've been drinking Isopure to get use to them but they taste like a$$.
jimbovsg
on 2/24/12 2:17 pm
On February 24, 2012 at 10:10 PM Pacific Time, NCGRLNPHX wrote:
So glad to see this post because I've been drinking Isopure to get use to them but they taste like a$$.
I hate "iso-puke!"      Gave some to my dog.....he licked his ass after ......to get the taste of it out of his mouth!       Ha ha ha! 

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/12 5:00 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 05/04/12 with
On February 24, 2012 at 10:17 PM Pacific Time, jimbovsg wrote:
On February 24, 2012 at 10:10 PM Pacific Time, NCGRLNPHX wrote:
I hate "iso-puke!"      Gave some to my dog.....he licked his ass after ......to get the taste of it out of his mouth!       Ha ha ha! 
LMFAO!!'
Pooch2
on 2/24/12 2:43 pm, edited 2/24/12 2:45 pm

above

Kels B.
on 2/25/12 3:57 am
VSG on 02/01/12
My doc recommended mixing isopure with G2 Gatorade. Haven't tried it yet because my gnc near my house doesn't carry the isopure drinks. Anyone have a favorite flavor for when I do find them.
 Kels B
HW: 320   ConsultW: 311    SW:268 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

O.kay
on 2/25/12 10:37 am - DFW, TX
I just like the alpine punch flavor.
If God guides you to it, he will guide you through it!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views