Checking in, six months post-op

Crystal M.
on 3/17/12 1:40 am, edited 3/17/12 5:51 am - El Paso, TX
Greetings, fellow sleevers & sleevers-to-be! Happy St Paddy's Day to all!

I'm just checking in. My six-month surgiversary was earlier this month. I've lost a total of 84 lbs and am feeling great! While I have about 25 lbs to go to my original goal, my surgeon advises me to rethink my goal; he feels that 25 more lbs is too much. He told me last week that he thinks I'll probably lose a little more but thinks I am fine where I'm at now (BMI of 28).

I am wearing size 12 pants now (down from a man's 44" waist). T-shirts have gone from a 2XL to a L. Blouses are now medium or large. I can walk for hours without getting short of breath. Even the cold I caught in January passed like a normal person's cold, rather than turning into bronchitis & three months of coughing. My blood work is fine ~ no vitamin or mineral difficiencies. And best of all, my constant back pain is nearly gone!

I am so grateful for my VSG! Loving life now, for the first time in over 20 years!

It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

onemoretry
on 3/17/12 2:04 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Congrats Crystal! it sounds like you are truly loving your sleeve. I am praying to do the same once I get mine. Wishing you continued success!
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

Paige V.
on 3/17/12 2:44 am - Gainesville, FL
hey girl!! nmy surgeon wants me at a 27bmi, but I am shooting for a 24.9 lol! ;) Glad you are going so well!

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

Could_It_Be
on 3/17/12 3:32 am
 Whoot whoot!

VSG on 6/22/11
trayb17
on 3/17/12 3:39 am
VSG on 01/05/12
camsmom7
on 3/17/12 11:10 am - IN
Awesome, congrats on great progress!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question