Articokes

pcannedy
on 4/26/12 9:42 am - Sacramento, CA
 Hi Everyone,

I have found that the articokes are a good veggie to eat and stop the hunger between lunch and dinner.  Has anyone tried them?

Happy966
on 4/26/12 9:48 am

I wrote a "love poem" to them a while back.  I steam up a bunch at a time and eat them cold, with a little Greek yogurt/garlic sauce.  Elina turned me on to them!  Sometimes I want to marry artichokes!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

pcannedy
on 4/26/12 10:00 am - Sacramento, CA
 Yes, they are just coming into the stores from local farmers in CA.  They are so good.  I like the greek yogurt idea.  Thanks.

SugarGrl
on 4/26/12 10:59 am
I don't know the first thing about how to eat those alien looking things!!

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

pcannedy
on 4/26/12 11:06 am - Sacramento, CA
 You cut the stem off, cut the top off about 1" down, trim the tips off the leaves.  Steam in black pepper, lemon half, and seasonings.  When they are tender, about 40 mins, eat the top of the leaves, and take the top off, clean the spikes off, and eat what they are called the heart of the articoke.  You can dip in greek yogurt or fat free mayo.  Filling and tasty.

Cindy22706
on 4/26/12 11:23 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
I love love love artichokes!!! I havent had any since surgery but only because when I go to the store they dont look very good :(

AnnMarie
on 4/26/12 11:24 am
VSG on 04/10/12
I know I like them from younger years but yeah, they look a bit intimidating. I'm thinking healthy canned? lol

AnnMarie  vsg 4/10/12 Age: 41, Height: 5'2ish
       Banded '04 PreOp BMI 64, PreOp for VSG: BMI 55, SW BMI: 50 

julesGA
on 4/26/12 11:26 am - Brunswick, GA
 I love marinated artichoke hearts.  I drain them really well before eating..does that count as healthy?

pcannedy
on 4/26/12 11:30 am - Sacramento, CA
 As long as they are not packed in oil.  I like fresh because I can control the fat.

julesGA
on 4/26/12 11:53 am - Brunswick, GA
 I meant that as a joke but forgot the winkey face. ;)   I actually do eat the ones packed in olive oil.  A small portion goes a long way and olive oil is a good fat so I don't stress about them. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 94 views