has anybody used pure protein

bklyncat58
on 5/2/12 5:20 am - NJ
used to use body fortress from walmart got burned out . went there last night and saw they had Pure protein powder bought the frosty cholcate made it last night with a big glass of water it was alright not much cholcate taste has 140 cal and 27 grams of whey . just need a little more choclate taste wonder if I could put in some unsweetned cocoa . or can I use skim milk any suggetions had surgery in Oct. from 272 down to 188 wearing size 14

Pooch2
on 5/2/12 5:28 am
Haven't tried that but the calorie to protein ratio is pretty good.   I bet sugar free chocolate Torani syrup would kick it up a notch....  shop.torani.com/Sugar-Free-Chocolate-Syrup/p/TOR-371490&c=To rani@SugarFreeSyrups

HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
islandjake
on 5/2/12 5:37 am - HI
VSG on 04/03/12
ive used this syrup for many items. Most recently an accidental pour into my greek yogurt instead of the cherry I wanted to pour in. It was almost chocolate pudding like with a hint of tartness. I gather your assumption is right. Ad this to any beverage or food item and it will kick up the choco-flavor a notch or three.
acbbrown
on 5/2/12 5:33 am - Granada Hills, CA
 I use Hersheys SF chocolate syrup and Toranis SF peanut butter with my pure protein powder. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

pinkpeonies
on 5/2/12 6:40 am
VSG on 04/23/12
I'm not a huge fan of chocolate and peanut butter together but after so many weeks of vanilla and fruity shakes, this sounds AMAZING. May be going shopping tonight on the way home from work. :)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

5/27/14 - Extended abdominoplasty with hernia and diastasis recti repair

12/20/14 - Breast reduction/mastopexy with bra line back lift

bklyncat58
on 5/2/12 5:45 am - NJ
well I just ordered my first bottle of Torani got the chocalate one hope it gives the powder a nice choclate taste can't spell that word for my life sorry
califsleevin
on 5/2/12 6:10 am - CA
I have often used the unsweetened cocoa to boost the chocolate level in the protein drinks, and it helps to cut the sweetness of those that are overly sweetened; the Torani or Hershey SF syrups are good to add some sweetness along with the chocolate flavor. A little peppermint extract (very little) can also be used to change its character some. I always mixed it with skim milk for better consistency and an added boost of protein.

You can also mix the protein powder into some SF pudding to make a hi pro dessertish snack, or throw in some greek yogurt to tart it up some; I rarely had the protein shakes by themselves with blending something into them. Later on when I was less in need of added protein, I mixed them half and half with SF instant breakfast to broaden its nutritional profile at a small cost in protein. There's lots of things that you can do with them - have some fun with it.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

quirky1
on 5/3/12 4:24 am
VSG on 04/02/12
The pre-mixed bottles of Pure Protein Frost Chocolate flavor are the only protein drinks I can stomach any longer. I drink one every morning for breakfast. The pre-made ones (come in a 4-pack) are 23gms of protein and 120 calories.

Height: 5"6" HW: 283SW: 228 CW: 147 Sleeve date 4/2/12            

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views