Problem no problem? I don't know

missymallissy
on 5/3/12 3:35 pm - CA
VSG on 04/26/12
 I had surgery on 4/26 so I am one week post op! I don't really have problems drinking unless I take too big of a drink. I also never seem to get a full feeling but I tend to stop after about 8oz. Other sleeves I have spoke with say that's a lot. I also tend to feel hungry within an hour or so of eating. I wonder if solid food will have me eating less ? Also I have been blending up soups instead of waisti g the solids inside so I wonder if that's bad, how do I know if something is stuck is it painful? I hope that's sleeve is small enough and not too big where it won't do me any good! Help!
acbbrown
on 5/3/12 4:06 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 If you are hungry, try a PPI (proton pump inhibitor like prilosec) because immediately post op and for a little while, your stomach hasnt had a chance to realize you dont need as much acid. 

You shouldnt be getting or looking for any full signals right now - you just had a doctor butcher your stomach, cut and sew and staple a major organ - talk about nerve damage!  I still dont necessarily feel full in the same sense that I did pre-op. Took me a good 3-4 months to feel anything really. Fluids are rarely ever going to make you feel full because your pyloric valve is generally going to remain partially open allowing fluids to pass pretty quickly. I watched this on an upper GI and the fluids were out of my stomach in minutes but it was a constant flow so....I could just keep on drinking and nothings going to happen. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/12 9:43 pm
Couldn't have said it better Alison!!!!
missymallissy
on 5/4/12 6:52 am - CA
VSG on 04/26/12
 I didn't think of it that way, I have a ppi but my dr said ro wait until I see him one week post op so I will probably start taking it today!
missymallissy
on 5/4/12 6:56 am - CA
VSG on 04/26/12
 It is funny I am not looking for a problem but all u read about is ppl having a hard time getting in all their protein and stuff down and I'm not so u can't help think or feeling there might be something wrong like I should be feeling this lol! It's definitely a learning experience I have learn my body all over again.
emelar
on 5/4/12 7:01 am - TX
It's all a question of how swollen your stomach got after surgery.  I never had a problem with liquids.  I was able to get in the minimum 64 oz and 60g of protein (via shakes) the day after surgery.  And I had days when I seriously wondered whether the doc had removed any of my stomach at all.  That question was answered when I moved to soft foods - instant restriction.

Take the PPI.  Keep pushing fluids.  If you can blend the soup down into a fine enough liquid that it'll pass through a sieve, then you're probably okay.  If it's thicker than tha****er it down until it's a lighter consistency.
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views