Bad Idea!

juliejean15
on 5/3/12 9:20 am - PA
ok so I'm 10 days out and just sick of water! it hard to get the protein shakes down sometimes..I was Food! i got brave and tried 2 tsp of cottage cheese..BAD IDEA! it hurts in my chest..But i'm hungry for real food..its sucks cuz i have to make food for my family..I just get a little frustrated!
Jaybee766
on 5/3/12 9:33 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
oh I'm sorry.  it's a process and we learn all along the way.  yup, i'd stick to fluids (clear or strained)..... I think I found every single type and flavor of broth on the planet.  I googled and drove near and far for anything new!  Popsicles were my special treat!  Hang in there
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

moonglo82
on 5/3/12 9:58 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Can you have sugar free pudding yet? Maybe try some of it, if you are at the point where it is allowed. Just be very careful any time you add a new food, no matter what the texture, because if you eat too fast or too much, it can make you very uncomfortable.

The stage your at was a hard one for me too, but I promise it gets better! Just keep reminding yourself that this is temporary. We've all been there!

*hugs*

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Tracasa
on 5/3/12 10:28 am
Try popsicle's, flavored broth, skim chocolate milk, smoothies , clear tea's , white grape juice, white peach juice, hope this helps

louisamay
on 5/3/12 12:05 pm
VSG on 04/27/12
I'm allowed to strain the broth from beef or milk based soups, and they have really helped me a lot.  I ordered some unflavored protein powder from Unjury and it really adds no flavor so doesn't hurt anything, just gives me a nice soup I can drink that can be tasty.

Applesauce is also on my list so I've used that, as well.  Unsweetened, organic. It's sweet on its own, doesn't need more.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

LunaChic
on 5/4/12 1:55 am - Newark, NJ
VSG on 04/12/12 with
 If you feel the need to have something semi-solid try popsicles and jello.  They are the safest in the first two weeks post op.  They melt and won't get stuck in your esophagus while your stomach is still very swollen.  As the swelling goes down, you'll notice that liquids go down easier and the pressure in your chest will slowly disappear. At that point you'll be more ready for mushies and thicker liquids liked puréed stuff.  Just follow your doctors plan.  If the plan seems to be going too fast and causes pain or discomfort its best to take a step back and go back a phase for a day or two longer. :)

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

MyFitnessPal:  MissLunaChic      (Looking for friends - feel free to add me!)

juliejean15
on 5/4/12 11:00 am - PA
Thank you everyone for the encouraging words!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 307 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 354 views