It's been one year today

A911Angel
on 5/10/12 2:36 am
Today has been one year since I had my VSG and boy has my life changed!  I have had the most tragic year of my life.  I lost my beautiful 21 year old daughter in a horrible skydiving accident 5 weeks after my surgery and 4 weeks later I lost my mother.  I come here every day to keep my sanity, to find that I am not the only one with challenges.  I love reading about how each person is doing with their progress.  I did not make my goal weight but am about 20 pounds away.  I am a 911 Dispatcher and sit all shift and work many, many hours. I have been at the same weight for 5 months now and am not giving up on this journey.  My husband and I will be taking an Alaskan cruise in the morning to celebrate our 30 year anniversary.  The type of cruise is all health inspired so I think I'll do fine with my food choices.  I will be back in time for the Bay Area meet up and happen to live in Fremont were one of the events will take place.  I can't wait!  I don't post often, but would like to say to some people, "dont' be silly".  I mean, use your common sense!
If you think you may harm yourself, you most likley will!

Thank You All,
Holly

Ohiogirl
on 5/10/12 2:43 am - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}
A911Angel
on 5/10/12 2:45 am
 Thank you, I realy needed a hug!

Birdie55
on 5/10/12 2:55 am
Hugs, I'm so sorry about the loss of your loved ones.

A little cruising tip. Don't take the elevator at all except to move your luggage.  If you walk up and down the stairs you'll burn some of those extra calories that are so prevalent on cruises.  It has worked for me well in the cruises I've taken.    Enjoy your cruise... and Happy anniversary.  

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

louisamay
on 5/10/12 2:58 am
VSG on 04/27/12
To go through all that tragedy and come out still fighting is the mark of a warrior, and I honor you.

Enjoy your cruise. Celebrate your marriage. 

And even though you have been stalled for awhile, I do believe you'll break free and hit your goal, and hope to be cheering at the goal line when you cross it.

~hugs~

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

A911Angel
on 5/10/12 3:18 am
 Thank you for your kind words...That was the first time I have written about my daughter and she was my biggest fan.  So thank you...

Shagdoll
on 5/10/12 3:00 am
Thank you so much Holly for sharing your story of your past year. I really wish I could give you a big hug right now!!!!
My heart goes out to you & your family; you've been thru so much yet you thrive now.
Congratulations on your success so far. You can make goal gurl, believe in yourself because we believe in you!!
Take care and enjoy your cruise. You deserve happiness!

Hugs,

Jenn  

WWBD?  

A911Angel
on 5/10/12 3:22 am
 Thank you Jenn, it really helps to hear your words.  

Cindy22706
on 5/10/12 3:06 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
OMG I just wanna tell you how sorry I am, I cant imagine what that is like, I am 23 and have always wanted to go skydiving and I know how much my mom would not want me to. I wanna commend you for pulling through this like you have!

A911Angel
on 5/10/12 3:28 am
 Hi Cindy,  my daughter had a freek accident, she had over 200 jumps.  At her memorial jump my sons wanted to expirence what their sister loved so much, so they jumped.  I was fine with it.  Thank you for your kind words.

Holly

Most Active