Please help- Scale hasn't moved in 6 weeks.

4evercaligrl
on 5/23/12 2:53 am
 I am almost 2 months out from my band to sleeve revision.  The first 2 weeks were great as far as losing- I dropped almost 20 ibs with the preop days added.  Then I gained back 3 pounds and have been bouncing up and down in that range for the past 6 weeks.  I am getting in 600-800 cal a day.  Sticking to my protein requirements and getting in my water.  I'm on my feet all day, and come home completely exhausted and still been forcing myself to go to the gym 3 times a week.  I can't think of anything I'm doing wrong and yet the scale won't budge.  I didn't want to post this because I didn't want anyone new to get discouraged.  But, after all this time I can't take it anymore.  I feel like crying when I step on the scale each morning.  I went through so much to have this revision and I want it to work so badly.  Please help

Jaybee766
on 5/23/12 3:15 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
I KNOW PEOPLE WILL DISAGREE --- that being said, you've asked for help so I'll just put this out there.  I know that I began at 600 calories, went to 800 calories and when I'm exercising I eat 1000 calories and the weight began to come off once I increased my calories (especially when I'm burning some exercising)... just my 2 cents.
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

AngieB2011
on 5/23/12 3:40 am - MD
VSG on 03/19/12
This happens to me too!  more exercise = more calories needed (not a lot more).
Maureen K.
on 5/23/12 3:18 am
 Correct. I know it sounds crzy but up your calories a couple of hundred you can drop them down again later if you want try eating more times a day like six. I had issues as I lost 20lbs the first couple of weeks then nothing for 5 weeks but I just hung in there increased my calories which someone here told me to do and the scale finally started moving again. Hang in there you are doing it right and your body is getting adjusted to all that it has been thru with surgery and now lack of calories it will happen. Hugs 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

RobynNOLA
on 5/23/12 3:25 am - New Orleans, LA
I'd say you may want to take some time and allow for resting.
If you're on your feet all day PLUS gym 3x a week - allow for a rest day and see if your body snaps back.
I'm no doctor, but this has worked for me personally.

Happy966
on 5/23/12 4:12 am

For some reason I can't see your ticker, so I'm not sure how much weight you are trying to lose or anything like that.

There are a lot of opinions on calories, etc.  Maybe raising your calories would be good for you, I don't know.  I only know that for me, I have a hard time giving the food *back*, so I don't like bouncing around too much.  Lowering the calories is painful.

I had a terrible 6-week stall in March and April, exacerbated by a vacation where my calories *were* higher.  I lost 2 pounds in 2 months.  I was very frustrated.  Then, I started losing weight again and so far I've lost 13 pounds in May.  So don't give up! 

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/12 10:54 am
Wow, that's a lot of weight to come off in one month at this point in your journey! Making up for lost time, are you?  Really, that's fantastic! Me, I'm just plugging along, but I've become a stair step loser.
rhearob
on 5/23/12 5:03 am - TN
 I recently ended a slow period, by actually giving myself a rest day.  I was ignoring my exercise physiologist advice to have 1 or 2 rest days a week.  When I started following her advice, the weight started coming off steadily again.  Not sure of a cause and effect relationship there, just my experience.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

anninva
on 5/23/12 5:53 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
i'm a total icnonoclast BUT this is also what my doc told me:  don't go under 1200 cals.

obviously you have to follow your surgeon's program, but that's what i've been doing.  your body may be holding on to every calorie it gets b/c it's afraid of starving.  i'm not a doc or NUT so i dunno.  just what's worked for me!

good luck and pls try not to panic.  listen to Happy -- frustration goes with the experience but the weight does come off.  ((((((((((hugs)))))))

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Georgie Mayhem
on 5/23/12 2:18 pm - New Zealand
OK BREATHE.... Can be a range of stuff, some people need to eat  600 cal-800 others 800-1000cal, water intake . play with it, and add more water when working out as this will tell your body not to hold the water weight., calcium can help break down fat cells, but most importantly take your body measures scales are only an indication, the tape measure doesn't lie, we are all different and some of us needs to play with the things mentioned above

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 139 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 405 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 434 views