Did you still lose weight 1 year out?

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/12 1:33 am
There is no magic to this, it does get harder for most people the further out you get, but it can be done and has been done countless times.  Just have a good plan and follow it and you will get to your personal goal. 
Crissy327
on 5/25/12 6:06 am - NC
Hey girlfriend! I always love to hear from you! You have long since been my inspiration!

I am so close to my goal but losing steam. It has slowed down so much, it's hard to stay inspired. Some days I think "oh well if it never happens, I got really close and did good", then other days I get super determined. I know it's just a number on a scale, so I figure close is good enough. Then other days I am like "I am so close, why in the world would I not get the satisfaction of having made a huge goal" He He

My goal was to lose 100 lbs. I am only 6 lbs from goal. I just don't know if it's worth doing without all summer to get there. I am losing so slowly now, it could take all summer to get there.

What do you think?
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
anninva
on 5/25/12 2:14 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
15 (?) mso out and still losing, though slower than before.  i've been told by doc not to go below 1200 cals, so that's what i'm doing, but all sorts of thngs work.  i think i'm at doc's goal but i would like to lose another 25 -- no matter how long it takes!  good luck! 

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Crissy327
on 5/25/12 6:08 am - NC

Your doc says not to go below 1200 calories? Ever? Is it working good for you? My doc says not to go over 800. Funny how different docs say different things. He He.

Thanks for your input.

On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
Could_It_Be
on 5/25/12 3:02 am
 I think the slowing on the scale is more of a function of being closer to 'goal' rather than a specific time. It's not like our bodies know it's been 12 months, ya know?

I'm at 11 months and it's slowed waaaaaaaaaay down but I'm also 3# away from my goal. I'm just keeping on keeping on cause I'd like to lose another 10 on top of the goal just cuz 

VSG on 6/22/11
Crissy327
on 5/25/12 6:13 am - NC
Lol. Well it sure seems to have a clock! He He. Right at 6 months things slowed down a ton. He He

I am only 6 lbs from goal. It's so hard at this point. It sounds like a breeze to some but when you are losing like 1-2lbs a month, it's a long haul. He He.

Good luck on making your goal. It sounds like you are well on your way and are determined. You should have a party or something when you get there! Maybe that would inspire me. He He 
Maybe I should set a goal that when I get to my 100lb goal, to throw a party to inspire me. He He

Thanks for your input!
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
INgirl
on 5/25/12 3:19 am
Yep- still going here!
It's only over when you want it to be.. if it stops before you like, you have the control to adjust your intake/workouts/combo of both to get it moving again, just like anyone else who wants to drop another 20lbs!

I'm still intentionally losing, I'd like to get down to the low 140's (or maybe a little lower?) I'll know when I get there.. so for me, that means staying on the same losing plan I was on before- though I admit, my days where the cals jump up higher than 800 are more frequent than they were the first 6mo.. something I need to work on as it's coming from parties/Summer social events for the most part, which means it's the extra booze that's bumping it up.. 

I'm still losing anywhere from 3-7lbs a month.. depending on the timing of my stall outs.. I only lose for a week or so a month now.. see a new low, pop up a few lbs and hold till the next cycle.. totally hormonally driven per the calendar.
Crissy327
on 5/25/12 6:20 am - NC
Oh hey! Is this Jo? I remember you! He He. I used to read your posts all the time. He He

I am glad to hear things are going well for you!

I was losing about your rate until my period stopped. I always lost like 4lbs when that time of the month hit. I recently missed a period and it's been very weird since. Before that, it was like clockwork. Hopefully that trend will start back up again. Mine seems very hormonally driven too. Hopefully I will get back on track with regular cycles.

Thanks for your input Jo!

On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
pcannedy
on 5/25/12 3:58 am - Sacramento, CA
 I had my sleeve on Sept 7, 2010; lost 60 lbs in five months.  I got to 147 lbs.  Since then, I have been battling with staying there, and went to 153 lbs for months, but now around 158 lbs.  I am starting protein only today to get back to 147 lbs.  Rude awaking - my collar bones are not as visiable now.  I usually eat, eggs, shrimp, cheese sticks, EAS protein drinks.  Lots of water, and coffee with fat free creamer.  Zero water and crystal lite for drinks or herbal tea.  

Crissy327
on 5/25/12 6:23 am - NC
Sounds like you are maintaining pretty well to me. Are you tracking your calories? I wonder what it takes to maintain. One person on here said they eat 1200-1500 calories/day to maintain.

I hate having to record everything forever but I guess if that's what it takes, that's what I will have to do. It beats being fat again! He He

Thanks for your input.

Good luck on your goals!
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views