Salvation Army 5 for 5

AdeanaMarie
on 5/28/12 11:17 pm - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
I could not believe the blessing I found yesterday at Salvation Army.  I did not even think they would be open.  I was stopping by Joann Fabrics and it was next door, so I popped in.  All clothes were 5 for $5.  I was able to find a pair of black pants and jeans in every size, from my current size down.  I also found a few shirts in varying sizes.  So for $20, my smaller size wardrobe is almost complete, until I get to goal. 

So if anyone is struggling with finding clothes at good prices, check out your local thrift stores.  It also helps support a great ministry and community service.  Gives jobs and training to those in need.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

teenuh
on 5/29/12 12:27 am - Canada
 Yes the thrift stores are amazing!

I'm pre op but i spent $30 this weekend on 6 pairs of jeans... in every size from 20 to 14 ( 2x 18's and 2x 16's) i figured if i had at least one pair waiting in the closet it woudl be less embarrasing to try them on at home than at a store...and once i can fit into the ones i have if i need more i can go from there...
LOVE the thrift stores and your local WLS support group (if you have one) for clothing exchanges!

HW:369lbs  SW: 296.4lbs CW: 201lbs GW: 180
Surgery: VSG  Date: January 9, 2013
M1 - 24lbs M2 - 11lbs M3- 13.6lbs M4 -13.4lbs m5 -12lbs m6 -12lbs m7- 7lbs

louisamay
on 5/29/12 8:43 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I just dropped off clothes at the Salvation Army.  I hope they get to people *****ally need them.  I have wardrobes for the size I'm in and the next size down.  When I get to Large and lower, that's when I'm in the same boat!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views