Very frustrated!!!!!!

bluemems
on 5/30/12 4:29 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/12
Just got back from my 1 month viist with the doctor and he is concerned that my weight loss is so slow.  He said for "someone like me" I should be down about 28 lbs and am only down 18.  I knew I was losing slow, but still cannot figure out why.  Yes, he recommended I go to the nutritionist, but being recently laid off work, I need to call to find out how much the ins will cover and how much will have to come out of my very empty pockets.  I track every bite I put in my mouth on my fitness pal.  I'm getting in pletny of protein, more than the nut said I should get in,  My water could be better, but I get 64oz in a day.  I reminded him of my surgical consult where I told him I was afraid that I would become his first patient to not lose weight. (I have been dieting for 5 years and only managed to gaine weight - yes, even when I stuck to the plan exactly).  Now I'm fearful this will be true.

My friend tells me I am being too regimented because I track everything.  I have to track or I know I will not get my protein in.  I walk (almost) every day about a mile - even did a lot of extra walking over the weekend while camping with my family.  This same friend is one that had the lap band the day after me and is down 24 lbs right now - WTH!!!!  She is not counting protein and not getting the water in....

kimbethin
on 5/30/12 4:38 am - CA
I would say if tracking helps you get your protein right keep doing it!  Don't let your friend stop you. Don't compare your loss with anybodty else's.  We are all different.  Increase your liquids.  Make yourself do it.  Since you are out of work, it is a great opportunity to make more time for exercise.  Try a mile every morning and every evening.  It is very common for things to slow down at week three.  Just stick with your plan and keep going!  You can do it!  18 pounds in one month is probably better than in all of your years of dieting.  Some days are harder than others but stay strong and stay on plan.  Good luck!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
bluemems
on 5/30/12 9:37 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/12
Thank you - wish I could do more exercise.  Right now my about a mile walk a day is all I can really do.  One of the main reasons, besides the obvious, for the surgery is that I am 45 and have severe arthritis in my knees.  My right knee is so bad that I need replacement, but the doctors will not replace my knee as I am too young.  The mile is hard enough right now - just hoping that as the weight comes off I can increase that.  I was also just released today for more exercise, so may try to see if I can do at least a few minutes on the exercise bike here and there.

louisamay
on 5/30/12 4:51 am
VSG on 04/27/12
First of all, you won't be the first patient to not lose weight, because you ARE losing weight.  I'm kind of suprised the doctor said what he did. (Not that I question the doctor's judgment, just saying.)

I'm not even sure I'd go to a NUT at this point, unless he had some real concern about your health that needs to be addressed.  Seriously, keep doing what you're doing.  You're losing weight. It's working. 

Don't compare!

And go back through yesterdays posts and you'll find someone who posted her pics because she was a slow loser, and yet--she's getting there!  Go look and I think you'll feel much better.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

rhearob
on 5/30/12 4:57 am - TN
 Share your food diary and friend me on MFP (rhearob)  I will be happy to look at your diary and see if I can offer any suggestions.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

RobynNOLA
on 5/30/12 5:13 am - New Orleans, LA
Id like to be a MFP friend - RobynDiez

I'm wondering if perhaps a bit more exercise - further distance - more intensity, etc would help.

EMMAVSG1
on 5/30/12 5:22 am
well, i guess if you are losing weight then you will lose but a little slower . plz dont compare your self to anyone .

slimpickins5280
on 5/30/12 5:45 am - CO
In what ****** up world is 18 lbs in one month bad?

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

annatschida
on 5/30/12 5:48 am - Shakopee, MN
I wouldn't be suprised if you are losing slowly because you are doing such a good job walking and eating protien...you are probably building some muscles. Or at least not losing muscle mass like most bariatric patients do right after surgery. Like everyone else has said, it WILL happen. Be patient and keep doing what you are doing :0)

PrettyEyes_41
on 5/30/12 5:53 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
Ditto slim! 18 lbs is good in my diet world! Haven't had my surgery yet but please dont get discouraged! You are still losing.

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

Most Active