My Planned Food Funeral Is Today

kaniac
on 5/31/12 1:27 am - TX
VSG on 06/12/12
and I keep thinking about my liquids for tomorrow. I thought today would be cramming everything down my throat but I'm so excited about surgery my planned junk day isn't even that important anymore. Changing the way I think has been very easy compared to the struggle I pictured myself having. So ready for June 12th to be here!!!

HW: 270 SW: 234 CW: 168 GW: 150 

LiveLoveHappy
on 5/31/12 2:03 am
VSG on 07/10/12
I'm excited for you! Looks like you already have the mindset and you will be a success with maintaining even after you reach goal. Congratulations can't wait to join you on the loosers bench.

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/12 2:17 am
Would you consider skipping the food funeral?  I am not a big fan as I believe it takes your mind in a different direction than the focus that is required to be successful.  I mean, I know many people do it, but I don't understand the need.  There is no food that you will not be able to eat again, eventually.  You are not going away from something as much as you are going toward something.  I always found it helpful to be focused on my future, not my past. Good luck with your upcoming surgery.
kaniac
on 5/31/12 2:42 am - TX
VSG on 06/12/12
I found out a very long time ago, that if I allow myself to eat my biggest 'trigger' foods before I start a diet, I'm not tempted to eat them during. So while I'm not pigging out I'm going to allow myself these foods today so they aren't on my mind the next few weeks By the time I get around to eating again I will actually be enjoying the simple clean foods that I have never truely given a chance and those will be what I want to have instead of sugar wafers

acbbrown
on 5/31/12 3:37 am - Granada Hills, CA
 "if I allow myself to eat my biggest 'trigger' foods before I start a diet, I'm not tempted to eat them during.."

But wait....you aren't starting a diet, so what IS the point of eating your trigger foods????

Time to step away from the diet mentality if you really are going to be in this for the long haul. Just some kind tough love coming your way.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

kaniac
on 5/31/12 9:28 am - TX
VSG on 06/12/12
On May 31, 2012 at 10:37 AM Pacific Time, acbbrown wrote:
 "if I allow myself to eat my biggest 'trigger' foods before I start a diet, I'm not tempted to eat them during.."

But wait....you aren't starting a diet, so what IS the point of eating your trigger foods????

Time to step away from the diet mentality if you really are going to be in this for the long haul. Just some kind tough love coming your way.
I meant it different then it came across. I meant before the liquid pre-op diet. I know I am more likely to slip to solids during it if I'm thinking about the trigger foods. Once my surgery is done I have a tool to take care of in order to stay on track. 

Dee60
on 5/31/12 2:45 am
VSG on 02/21/12
I think people are different and what works for people are different. I had a food funeral, went to out to my favorite restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner the day before my pre-op diet.  I ended up not eating much that day but it was helpful for me mentally and thinking back, I am glad I did. It did very well with my pre-op diet losing 13lbs before surgery. So go on I'd say ... live it up and get your mind set for surgery... I know you would be successful. Good luck! 

Donna B.
on 5/31/12 5:25 am
i enjoyed my favorite foods pre-op too, and being nervous about flying to San Diego and getting majory surgery after two local doctors advised against it helped to fuel pre-op eating. 

But i still mourned not having those foods after surgery for about three months.  i think i had trouble surrendering 100% to the sleeve early on.   And having under 1000 calories after eating thousands of calories a day sure felt like a diet to me.

Food funeral i think is one of those very personal matters.  You know yourself. 

55 y.o.    5'4"      HW: 180's      CW: 127      Doctor's GW: 130           My GW:  117        

~ working on reaching goal again after regain            

tee4change
on 5/31/12 10:16 am - NY
Bang out that food funeral ....Have blast..... I didn't have one EVENTHOUGH I plannned for months to have it,because I wasn't sure about my surgery date until the last moment . I wish I had one and regretted it during during the liquid phase, post op, when I couldn't eat at all (3 weeks)
You'll get varied oppinions here....some will say not to,but i wish I did.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views