RANT! about restaurants that don't have nutritionals

julesGA
on 6/1/12 6:22 am, edited 6/1/12 6:24 am - Brunswick, GA
 I understand a Mom and Pop restaurant not having nutritional info available.   I can't, however, give large chains a pass.  Neither Logan's Roadhouse or Buffalo Wild Wings have info on their websites or even in the restaurant.  Geez!   For now those two chains are off my list!  

Mom78
on 6/1/12 6:27 am
VSG on 02/10/12
Here in Washington state some of the counties require them to have them posted.  So when you walk into a Panera and see 1200 calories for a chicken ceaser sandwich you walk out:)

SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

julesGA
on 6/1/12 6:31 am - Brunswick, GA
 LOL.  Panera seems to pop up on the "seems healthy but not" lists quite a bit..  

When I was on vacation in NY I appreciated that all of the menus had calories printed on them.  Even though calories don't paint the whole picture they do offer clues to hidden ingredients we may want to avoid. 

Mom78
on 6/1/12 6:42 am
VSG on 02/10/12
My hubby has always been food concious, so one time a few years back we went to a resteraunt called BJ's in a county that required the nutritional facts to be on the menus.

After he sat down he said, ok well, I'm not eating then pointed out all the horrible facts.  We had already drank the water but we got up and walked out.  Now back then if he hadn't been there, I would have eaten anyways!
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

julesGA
on 6/1/12 8:24 am - Brunswick, GA
 Ha ha, I would have too.   How awesome that y'all made that choice.

tripmom02
on 6/1/12 6:44 am - NJ
 I have actually skipped resturants I really like b/c of this! It is annoying!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

julesGA
on 6/1/12 8:23 am - Brunswick, GA
 Yep, that's my new plan! 

RyanJS
on 6/1/12 6:46 am - CA
VSG on 02/21/12 with
I agree its very frustrating. Put it into MyFitnessPal if you have an iPhone or android. 99.9% of the things i punch into it for restaurants have nutritional information on it. Either that or look it up online before you head out to dinner and find what you want

Heaviest Weight: 330 Goal Weight: 175 Current Weight: 150
"Hit Goal in 3 1/2 Months!!!"
"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"
"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

julesGA
on 6/1/12 8:18 am - Brunswick, GA
 The problem is some restaurants, including the two in my OP, don't even have info on thier websites,  I do use MFP on my phone but I oftentimes don't trust those numbers since there is no telling where they came from.  :(    

rhearob
on 6/1/12 7:07 am - TN
 I always try to look up restaurants.  So many don't post their real info.  You can usually find guesses on either MFP or livestrong, but those are only best guesses.  

Like Tripmom I have started skipping restaurants that don't publish.  Until the government forces them too they won't.  Cheddars, one of my faves pr-surgery, anctually tries to beg off by saying that since every restaurant cooks differently they can't publish the info.  Complete BS.

I used to eat at Logans quite a bit too.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views