Trip Report - all about my slow walk into the office!

rhearob
on 6/8/12 8:41 am - TN
 Ok, so i am on the airplane desperately wanting to tear into a bag of mini pretzels.  I had to run  to the gate, so no time to pick up a healthy substitute.  I have the calories in my budget for tonight, but I will not do it.  Instead, I am going to fill you guys in on my trip from the past week.

The week began with an awesome NSV on board the plane.  I actually had a comfortable seat in coach, I could put down both arm rests, and plenty of slack in the belt.  No one looked afraid to sit next to me.

I was meeting a coworker at the Detroit airport to go into the office.  He is a great guy that I have spent probably the last two years before my surgery traveling with.  He said the only way he recognized me was by my bag.  I was wearing a skinny pair of size 36 slacks, a purple shirt with a white tie and a black windbreaker.  I looked pretty damn good!  He kept looking at me and telling me how different I looked and how I was selling the total package.

When we got to the office, everyone was amazed.  The last time I had been in the office was January just before my 6 week surgiversary.    No one had ever seen. Me this small or I clothes that fit.  Later in the day one of the ladies that wasn't there when I came in  didn't hold open the back door to the office for me because she didn't recognize me.  It was priceless!

Every night in the hotel I would work out.  I repeated Week 6 of my ease into 5k program.  It was a much different workout on the treadmill.  I did a great job sticking to my diet.  I used to always eat a ton of the free cookies and wasn't tempted by them.  Oddly I was tempted when they put out the cheese and peanut butter crackers.  I didn't give in thought.  Planes seem to be a trigger for me, I'm going to have to work on that.

I haven't been able to weight all week.  I can't wait to see my weight tomorrow morning.  Stay Tuned!

Any way, it was an awesome trip and a wonderful experience.  I'm loving the sleeve!  Thanks everyone for being three and helping me on my journey!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

louisamay
on 6/8/12 8:45 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Oh, to have been a fly on the wall!

You blew them away.  Way to rock it!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Pobearsam7
on 6/8/12 8:53 am
 Wow!!!! That's great you incorporated working out in your business trip. By the way I have been following your blog.  Now I'm so motivated to get a bike and do a 5k!!!! And your pics!!!! I'm not sure how old you are but you now look like someone In their mid  20's!!!! You've done a lot of work way to go!!!!
Jaybee766
on 6/8/12 8:49 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
What a great story!!!  You've got such diligence!  I'm pretty good at my exercise but OMG I do have to work on my wanting to snack....not at all like I used to but still.  I'm a work in progress.  Thanks for sharing!
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

Kevin H.
on 6/8/12 8:49 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Sounds pretty cool .. WTG!

natalie37
on 6/8/12 8:56 am - Advance, NC
Revision on 03/28/12
You are such an inspiration with your undying dedication to your new way of life!! I'm sure you lost some this week being so diligent with staying on your plan!!! Keep us posted!! GREAT JOB!!!
Natalie
stephanieplum
on 6/8/12 8:57 am
VSG on 06/27/12
 Thanks for sharing!  Sounds like a wonderful, feel good trip!
Stayce
on 6/8/12 9:42 am
VSG on 03/28/12
 Wow! I know that you feel really proud of yourself and you should!  Awesome job on your weight loss and way to go with staying faithful with your workout and eating plan :)
 Life is not an emergency, live one day at a time.        
Donna B.
on 6/8/12 11:05 am
You're doing great!!   

The same foods that have a pull on you are the same ones that have a pull on me, but like you i refuse to cave on eating food like that!   Yay for us!

Too bad someone was't taking photos when your coworkers got a first look at you.  That must have felt exhilarating to walk in and see people you haven't seen for a long time.

It's fun using the hotel gyms.. something refreshing about it.

55 y.o.    5'4"      HW: 180's      CW: 127      Doctor's GW: 130           My GW:  117        

~ working on reaching goal again after regain            

Pura Vida
on 6/8/12 12:37 pm - Costa Rica
Way too go hotstuff!
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views