THIS IS REALLY MESSING WITH MY HEAD

rhearob
on 6/27/12 1:24 am - TN
 Thanks Trish!  ITs nice to just be reminded sometimes that the brief pauses are not the whole of the journey.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Nadurra Deb
on 6/27/12 2:45 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
Well said!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Triciajoy
on 6/27/12 1:05 am
I can understand your frustration and I'm not looking forward to those stalls.  Ugh!!  But and this is a huge BUT, you have come so far and are so inspirational.  I look forward to reading your advice and seeing your progress.  Just keep working that sleeve and pretty soon this will look like just a small bump in the road.

bluemems
on 6/27/12 1:13 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/12
You an do it, I know you can :)  You have done an awesome job so far and have been such an inspiration to so many on here (and probably in person as well).  You are probably so much more upset at this one because of two things - 1) you got into onderland and 2) you are so much closer to goal.  Try switching up your meal a bit - maybe eat some fish.  Sometimes the body gets used to eating the same thing and changing foods kicks it into gear (I know this works for me).  You know what you have to do - lol. 

Karebare50
on 6/27/12 1:30 am - Troy, NY
So sorry you're going through this.  I am currently dealing with my first stall and because of the info you and other vets have posted on here, it has helped me keep my freakout to a minimum.  Emotionally it seems we just can't break away from what the scale says, even though we see the results of the weight loss in real time and know we feel so much better.  Sending you positive thoughts!  You will get through this!!!
Karebare50 Dance Like Nobody's Watching!

HW pre-surgery: 248  SW: 236

Shagdoll
on 6/27/12 2:02 am
Gee Rob, all I can say is you are freaking hardcore. It's pretty awesome though. You will get there, there is no doubt about that!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/12 2:03 am
Okay, seems to me that you're simply not eating enough. I think adding a doughnut today would just kick start that metabolism back into losing!

No seriously, I totally get your frustration. I did a four day trek down to So Cal for a dog show. I made a couple of poor choices because I reverted to some coping eating behaviors due to some intense stress and I didn't catch myself right away. So I gained a few pounds over the 4 days away.

I'm not happy about it, but it's part of the WL journey. I know it will come off again in a few days, as will yours. Yesterday was my reset day. It'll take a few days, maybe a week, but that's okay.

To me crossing back over the 200 mark would be devastating. I get that. If it does happen (and I hope and pray it doesn't) remember with all your might that it's only temporary - it's a glitch-you haven't failed.

You are a sleeve god. You know that staying on the path will get you there. Chin up, friend. Just remember those Armani jeans. I'm still looking forward to the picture!

Feel free to PM if you need a sympathetic ear.

angelsmom89
on 6/27/12 2:40 am - Tallahassee, FL
Wow, Rob, I feel your pain! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. That's the only thing you can do when faced with a situation that, for whatever reason, is beyond your control. I am a little worried about your caloric intake, though.

Please take care of yourself!!!!!!!

No heaven will not ever Heaven be
Unless my cats are there to welcome me.
~Author Unknown

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/12 2:46 am
Alison and Rob - this month has been AWFUL for me too. So close to goal and freaking NOTHING. We will get there. Hang in there! And Rob, eat a couple bites of a plain sweet potato, I swear it'll break your stall.
tripmom02
on 6/27/12 2:48 am - NJ
 Sorry babe, I have nothing good to input here, I know how much it sucks and how disheartening it can be, but I know you are smart and that you are going to work though it without doing something stupid. So I am just going to send *HUGS* your way, and let you know I am thinking about you. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views