Chips and popcorn!

Cusscusscutie
on 7/1/12 8:37 am - MA
I just told my husband that I am putting a complete BAN on chips and popcorn! I told he could punch me in the face if you catches me eating them!!! These are the worst for me! I can sit by a plate of cookies for hours and I won't even look twice. But you put a bag of chips or popcorn I am done for! I solemnly vow to not eat, touch look at, or smell potato chips, popcorn or any other carby **** that comes in a bag!!!!!!!!! **** you Frito Lay!

doggz109
on 7/1/12 9:25 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
I hear ya.  Most sugary things don't cause me a second glance these days....but I have had cravings for something salty/crunchy.....like chips/crackers/etc.

I have found that the cheese crisps work well for that craving.

slatond
on 7/1/12 11:33 pm, edited 7/1/12 11:34 pm
On July 1, 2012 at 4:25 PM Pacific Time, doggz109 wrote: I hear ya.  Most sugary things don't cause me a second glance these days....but I have had cravings for something salty/crunchy.....like chips/crackers/etc.

I have found that the cheese crisps work well for that craving. My weakness as well, but I also do the parm cheese in microwave for like 30 sec for my cheese crisps and it fills the void. ( 2 little cheese crisps and I am a happy camper!)

MargeAD
on 7/1/12 9:27 am - CA
We just don't have that stuff in the house. However, I went to a party last night where they had chips and guacamole. I pulled out my pork rinds and had a bit of guacamole with them. Yum!

olderbutwiser
on 7/1/12 9:41 am
 If you guys have a Whole Foods, go in and buy a pack of COCOpops.  They make them there and they have 16 calories and 1 gram of protein and they are good sized AND CRUNCHY..........BUT TRUST ME JUST BUY ONE PACK!!!   Also roasted salted edamame -- 130 cals and 14 grams of protein in 1/4 C. Gives you some crunch and salt.  JUST SO YOU KNOW I DO GET IT THAT THEY'RE NOT FRITOS, CHEETOS OR CHIPS!!!  LOL!!!

SassyItalian
on 7/1/12 10:06 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
totally feel you!

F* you Frito Lay!! and the makers of Oreo's, Nabisco/Kraft..any other companies we should throw under a moving train while we are at it??

no but seriously, the VSG does not give you the will power to stop eating those things. its a struggle every day. and hopefully one we win most days.

it is alot easier living alone because i control what comes in the house, but sometimes its hard..and my best friend is a cookie addict so i am always surrounded by cookies....ahhhhhhhh!!!!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

TNERNURSE
on 7/1/12 10:14 am
 Also a fan of salty and crunchy.I do allow myself the occasional garden herb triscuit with baby-bel cheese. After a few bites I am satified. My husband and I use to have popcorn several times a week. Ate a few bites the other day for the first time since surgery and didn't do that much for me. Have a few nuts now and then and it satifies the crunchy need.

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/12 10:23 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12
Mine isn't chips or popcorn at all--it's freaking wheat thins!
savaughn87
on 7/1/12 10:35 am - IL
VSG on 06/21/12
OMG Wheat Thins. Salty, crunchy, sooooooooooooo delicious. I had ALMOST forgotten about wheat thins! 

I miss Wheat Thins. LOL
 *Samantha*

Cusscusscutie
on 7/1/12 11:18 am, edited 7/1/12 11:19 am - MA
Thanks everyone! Just to explain a little more I was at a friends house and she had the RNY almost 3 years ago. She is back to eating the same **** she did pre-op. She was the one who bought 6 bags yes 6 bags of chips! I try to keep that crap out of my house. And now I am eating a nice salmon salad!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views