Soft foods veggie sides?

Sleepylove
on 7/6/12 4:44 am - MD
VSG on 06/06/12
 I'm on soft foods. I can barely get the 2 oz of protein at a meal. My guidelines say to have a veggie. Should I even worry about it? I made dinner for my dad and I and I ate some veggies and a little bit of the fish. Should I just eat the protein and not worry about veggies at all?
AdeanaMarie
on 7/6/12 5:02 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
All guidelines seem to be different. But I was told only to worry about getting in the protein, at first, and if I felt I needed more, to then have the veggies. But unlike some plans, when I was on soft foods, I was able to have carbs, so I had mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes and soft carrots and such. But I know some guidelines keep carbs way lower than that. I use a plant based protein, so I was not as concerned about getting veggies in at first. Sorry, my post probably isn't that helpful.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Sleepylove
on 7/6/12 5:31 am - MD
VSG on 06/06/12
 No it was helpful, thank you. You said what i needed to worry more about eating the protein first. Btw what are some plant based proteins?
Sleepylove
on 7/6/12 5:33 am - MD
VSG on 06/06/12
 Lol never mind I realized what they were. Been a long day.
louisamay
on 7/6/12 5:34 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Protein first, veg or fruit only if there's room, seems to be fairly standard instructions.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Most Active