Getting ready.

mizvicky
on 7/8/12 10:52 am - MO
VSG on 08/07/12
Surgery consult was Friday, I had planned on lap band, but after asking my surgeon some questions and doing some research I have decided to get sleeved. Now I'm trying to get prepared. Bought my Ninja Pulse today and some low carb Isopure so I can start having a protein shake for breakfast to start getting use to it.  
Next I need to get an EGD, EKG, and Nuclear Stress Test, some blood work and then I'm ready to schedule my surgery.  Unfortunately my insurance excludes any type of weight loss surgery, so I'm paying out of pocket.  I guess the good thing is I don't have to jump throufh all the hoops insurance companies seem to think they need.
It's been 42 years of dieting failures and much research to finally come to this decision, but I'm 110% sure about it.
This forum has been a great source of information, support, and inspirartion to me and I really appreciate all the great posts.
Keep me in your prayers and wish me luck.
acbbrown
on 7/8/12 12:25 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Welcome and congrats on making your decision. I'm very relieved you opted out of the band! The sleeve is a great tool. 

Good luck :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 286 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 337 views