Scale Related Non-Scale Victory

rhearob
on 7/13/12 5:00 am - TN
From my Diabetes being out of control I had bilateral cataracts develop.  I knew I was experiencing drastic changes in my vision because of this.  It was hard to see things, even my computer screen.  I could not read signs on the road - made driving in new cities a lot of fun.  It was one of the things that convinced me I had to do something drastic.

Yesterday I had my first surgery to remove the cataracts.  This was on my right eye that was the worst.  The surgery was pretty easy, I was awake through it.   (I did make some questionable food choices at World Market that cost me 100 calories yesterday - Check my food journal if you don't believe me!).  I had to take the right lens out of my glasses - it was giving me a headache.

Yesterday I couldn't believe just the little difference.  White items out of my left eye look dingy and yellow, they are bright and vibrant out of my right eye.  The world isn't dim anymore - Its vibrant!

This morning I was able to read the scale without my glasses when I weighed.  I still haven't broke 193 lbs - my body does not seem to want to let go of those last 3.  BUT I COULD READ THE FREAKING SCALE without my glasses or bending in half.  No squinting, no swimming numbers - JUST 193.2.  

I have never been so happy to see that number.  I didn't care that it wasnt below 193 - it was just awesome seeing it.

Then in the shower I noticed that when shaving - I could see the hairs in my beard in the mirror.  I can't remember the last time I saw that clearly.

Say my eye surgeon for my first follow up this morning.  The urgery went better than he expected.  I have one more follow up on the right eye and then we do the left eye.  I can't wait.  The world id already so much brighter.  I was looking at it through dirty windows before.  Now only one is dirty.

Two more surgeries this year on my overhaul - Left Eye on July 26th and LBL on October 1st.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

tripmom02
on 7/13/12 5:18 am - NJ
 This post makes me happy! Glad things went well with your surgery and that you get to see a whole new world now! Oh and can you see the *green* I am with envy over your LBL in Oct? LOL 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

jenngirl
on 7/13/12 5:24 am
VSG on 06/25/12

Awesome NSV! I love it!! I  hope everything goes well on your Left Eye and your LBL!!  Did you get that approved by insurance?

rhearob
on 7/13/12 5:31 am - TN
 Its partially covered - My insurance covers the abdominoplasty, but not any other piece.

Shagdoll
on 7/13/12 5:33 am
Awesome NSV/SV!!!! Good luck with your surgeries!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/12 5:36 am
Hey, that's really awesome! I'm so glad that you are able to correct that along with the many other positive things you've done for yourself through weight loss. When you think about it, it's amazing how weight can affect our health.

I hear you on the 193 thing. I'm at 172. and it just stays there or moves back and forth between 172.0 and 172.4. It'll come off for us both. Just gotta keep doing what we're doing.

rhearob
on 7/13/12 5:41 am - TN
 It's so funny.  In the month of June I lost 16.2 llbs.  In July I have only lost 1 lb in 13 days now.  Its either the mother of all stalls or my body is just DONE.  Either way, I couldn't be happier with where I am at.

I was joking with someone the other day about the cost of obesity - for me it looks something like this:

Sleeve - 17K (If I had self paid)
Teeth   - 10K
Eyes    -  6K
LBL      - 17K
UBL     - 10K
              ______
My Overhaul - $60K

In personal terms Obesity has cost me:
80% of my STomach
2 teeth
Lenses out of both of my eyes
10-15 lbs of skin?

AndI would go through all of it in a second to feel the way I do now.  I wish I could go back in time and do it all 10 years ago.

stephintexas
on 7/13/12 5:43 am
Ok explain the teeth thing please? How is that related? I'm very curious.

rhearob
on 7/13/12 6:00 am - TN
 Out of control Diabetes can cause gum recession and loss.  It did in my case.  The gum loss also led to some bone loss, n and on.  It took some major effort to restore everything.  6 months of dentists visits.

stephintexas
on 7/13/12 6:06 am
I had type 2 but it wasn't severe, I don't think. I ask simply because I've been battling this tooth issue for about 6 weeks and am exhausted. They redid the root canal, still hideous pain. They have me on antibiotic mouth rinse for my gums and said my gums had receded over the last 2 years and they weren't sure why and they think an exposed nurve or 'facia' (sp?) is the root of the pain. I was hoping you had some wisdom for me! I don't want to distract from your thread as you are an amazing success story!

BTW, you must be on cloud 9 that you are nearly at goal, or at goal. That's awesome. I still stalk your MFP for ideas and inspiration. I referred to you the other day, when discussing meal plans with my son, as 'my friend Rob on the internet' and my son literally rolled his eyes at me. He was like "Mother you can't be friends with people you haven't met." 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 68 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 254 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views