Any post-op'ers willing to talk about skin?

Tia T.
on 8/2/12 3:01 am
You need to get your eyes checked, because I peaked at your pics and there is no loosnes in your neck. : - ) thank you for sharing and congrats on your victories!
RHCP
on 8/2/12 3:08 am - Poughkeepsie, NY
AWWW...thanks!

We are always our own worst critics right!?!?!

Waning Woman
on 8/2/12 12:27 am - TX
 I had surgery at 31 and I've lost more than 160 lbs. I don't have lots of hanging skin and I didn't pick up an exercise regiment until after my first year post op. My stomach has stretch marks and the looseness that comes with pregnancy so it will never be tight, but overall it doesn't look bad. I think that after you lose a certain amount of weight, you WILL have loose skin. Most of it is just luck and genetics.
    Follow my journey at http://waningwoman.com/
Pkrplyr777
on 8/2/12 12:30 am - CT
I am 52 and lost 99 lbs.
I just posted some pics of my saggy skin.
Exersize helped some with the bat wings.
The girls are hopeless and will need rebuilding.
My tummy is all wrinkly and has a small flap
My butt is saggy

I will be getting a full LBL and a breast fix sometime in the future.
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
debk21
on 8/2/12 12:38 am - Mansfield, TX
I'm 51 and lost 142 pounds.  I earned every one of these silly wrinkles and wear them proudly.  I had to laugh at Happy saying she didn't look good naked before surgery - well ain't that the truth!  Me too Happy...I would LOVE to have PS to fix everything (those wrinkles are everywhere - thighs, arms & tummy are the worst and boobs?  Well, they are just under the hem of my capris...) but I haven't won the lottery yet.  It's OKAY!  You are what you are - I look fantastic in clothes and nobody sees me naked except DH and he loves me wrinkles and all.  Don't sweat the small stuff.  Get healthy and get your energy back and be able to do the things you want to do.  These things make me not give the wrinkles any power over me. Be Well!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

INgirl
on 8/2/12 2:42 am
I'm 39, I've been as high as 308lbs (early 20's) and this is my lowest (146 today).. I've lost 150lbs before in my early 20's, skin was about the same as it is now. I drink over 100oz a day (always have) and I've tried every potion under the sun in my earlier years- the only thing that helps (marginally) is time. Surgery is the only real fix for damaged skin.. and by the fact that I am covered in stretch marks (even my forearms).. it is all damaged.

Here's a pic, today. I'm wearing size 8-10 jeans depending on who makes them, down from a very tight Lane Bryant 24. I'm still a work in process- have not called goal as my bodyfat is still up around 26-27%, and I want it down to 21%. I need to put a lot more time into weights to get that going. I have at least another 10lbs of fat to lose, and need to put on more lean. This is the first time I've posted a skin pic (yikes!), but I think it may help give you an idea. It really does run the gamut from great elasticity for some, to almost none for others..

I have a saggy belly, batwings & leg flaps, all with wrinkles, and general lumpiness that comes with the extra skin. If I bend over, the skin on my belly hangs down badly, and I have it on my back too. I'd like to get it fixed someday, but honestly- I have so many other things I want to do that surgery is kinda on the back burner, and even then I'm not sure I'd get the works.. the arms, I'd love to get the excess off as it makes the fit wonky at times- but I still wear sleeveless even with the insane wrinkling.

INgirl
on 8/2/12 2:48 am
 Where I started, I have a skin pic of me at this size... but you really don't want to see it!
tripmom02
on 8/2/12 3:06 am - NJ
 If you go back though my posts you will find pictures I posted of me in a bikini top. I was over 300 when I started, and I gave birth to triplets so my skin is pretty bad, but I prefer it to being fat LOL

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Marie M.
on 8/2/12 3:46 am - PA
Oh my...the sagging, disgusting skin...sigh

I will be 51 in November and I have lost 126 lbs since Sept. 2011.  My start weight was 261 (a tight size 24) and I am now 135.4 today (7 pounds under goal and still losing).  I wear a misses size small in shirts/pants or size 6-8 in pants depending on make.
   My skin is a mess, to be quie honest.  Have a little of the turkey neck going--not too bad so doesn't bother me too much.  The upside is I have very prominent cheekbones and I have friends remarking that I look like I did in high school.
   My arms...batwings with wrinkled skin around the biceps.  Very attractive...but doesn't stop me from wearing tank tops.  My abdomen fared very well, surprisingly.  I do not have a pannus at all.  With spanx  my abdomen is totally flat---no idea why this happened because I had a big belly preop.
   My ass is GONE...literally it is flat as a pancake and wrinkled.  The worst for me is my inner and outer thighs and calves.  They are droopy, saggy, wrinkly and just all around disgusting.  I would NOT wear shorts--I stick with capris.  Even my calves have excess wrinkly skin.  Yuck.
   The twins?  Well, let's just say they resemble a tube sock with a tennis ball at the bottom.  With a good supportive bra, you would never know.
   As another poster stated, with clothes on I look great--thin and trim.  Naked...horror story.  Ain't gonna lie--it bothers me.  Hope to get PS someday.  But with all of that being said, I would do this again in a heartbeat, saggy skin and all.  It beats being fat and unhealthy any day.

Good luck!
Marie

Age: 50    Ht: 5' 3.5"    SW: 261   BMI: 45.5    CW: 119.4   BMI: 20.8   Goal in 9.5 months   (23.6  lbs below goal)   Total lost:  141.6 lbs   Inches lost:  84.25"
  Month one: 22.2 lbs;  Month 2:  17.4 lbs;   Month 3: 11 lbs;  Month 4: 13 lbs;  Month 5: 11.4 lbs;  Month 6: 9.2 lbs;   Month 7: 13.2 lbs;  Month 8: 9 lbs;  Month 9: 10.2 lbs;   Month 10:  3.6 lbs:   Month 11:   7.6 lbs   Month 12:  5.8 lbs                                    

Anne D.
on 8/2/12 10:23 am
Ok, I'm 46, lost about 120 pounds. Here's my deal, at 18 mo out. I looked pretty good in clothes and a wonder bra. Naked, not good. My arms bugged me with the bat wings, my belly had lots of loose skin, my boobs were completely gone and my butt was almost non existent. In may I had a extended tummy tuck and brachioplasty. Two wks ago I had a butt lift and breast lift with augmentation. Scars are doing ok. My boobs look awesome! So does my abs, I have a bit of a butt now and my arms are awesome. My arm scars are the hardest to deal with, but they are starting to fade and look much better. My legs are fine. So, now I look pretty damn good naked, except for the scars. It's a trade off, skin for scars. Next in line is face,neck lift. I worked out a LOT during weight loss which I believe really helped especially with my legs ( I'm a runner and biker) but also do a lot with weights. All that aside, it's really hard to get rid of skin without surgery I don't care what you do.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views