Creamy Soup

laura_teach
on 8/9/12 7:55 pm - Tomball, TX
VSG on 08/07/12
I never ate soup that offend before so I am  trying to think of what soups I will eat in the creamy soup phase? Let me know what your favorite creamy soup was during this time? Also when it says creamy soup its talking about just the base right, like I should have something that has pieces of potatoes in it? Just making sure. Thanks for all your info.

PoohHag
on 8/9/12 7:59 pm - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
 Definitely no chunks or bits.  You'll need to strain the soup before eating.

I tried to eat the soups but couldn't stand them during the phase I was allowed them.  They gagged me.  I tried cream of mushroom I know.  I hear some people drink tomato soup, but it's very sweet and carby.
hocuspocus
on 8/9/12 8:31 pm - OH
I am on the creamy soup phase right now.  I used lowfat broth then instant mashed potatoes- added a little no fat milk but it was good.
Brenda L.
on 8/9/12 8:47 pm - Raleigh, NC
After I had my surgery I really enjoyed tomato soup with Baby Bell cheese melted in it which gave it protein. Yummy!
  Brendini                                                              
villy5
on 8/9/12 8:51 pm - NJ
Hi there, as you can see, they really mean creamy, one option is for you or your family members to cook home soups and use a blender or food processor to make it creamy, using healthy low fat ingredients always following your medical team advice.  I love the seafood one(home made).
good luck
Well, some of us sometimes note the no so good things about loosing weight, I have to say that it serve on my case to find a fibroid and it will be removed.  Thanks God!

Meche

Please remember, no matter what and who said so, you should always, always contact your medical providers for all of your concerns.

laura_teach
on 8/9/12 10:30 pm - Tomball, TX
VSG on 08/07/12
Thank you everyone keep sharing ideas. I love Zuppa Toscana from Olive Garden and I was trying to see if one day for a treat if I could get that and puree it up. I wonder if that would be okay to do. HUMM!
rhearob
on 8/10/12 7:34 am - TN
 Creamy soups are bad.  Creamy soups are typically carb and calorie dense.  I stuck with Brothy soups.  In the full liquids stage I had shakes, things blended with Cottage Cheese or Greek Yogurt - both fat free.  I also did NOT eat any potatoes - too many calories for the protein.  Every calorie needs to buy you as much protein as you can get.  Also, Heavy carbs make you want more carbs.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

skinny cat
on 8/11/12 3:49 pm
VSG on 01/08/13
What do you mean things blended with Cottage Cheese or Greek Yogurt? What kind of things besides shakes blended with yogurt? -don't mind if I pick your brain, do you? :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views