9 month check in PICS

carrierae
on 8/21/12 10:50 am - WA
Hello all, long time no see.

So I decided at the beginning of this summer that I was going to for the first time in my life just enjoy my summer, not worry about what I am eating etc. And I have done it!

I have gone camping, river tubing, road tripping, lots of other fun things, started a new job, reconnected with friends, come out of my shell, spent quality time with my hubby, cooked new foods, tried new things and just basically lived. It has been great! But with that has come some not such good food choices. Sure, I could have made wiser choices and not gained a few back (9lbs in 2 months) but I wanted to just live. Part of just living includes doing things on a whim, planning ahead, making some wacky choices etc.

It has been so great but I am planning on buckling back down now and getting back on track. This crazy summer was wonderful, but man I can feel those 9lbs. They hurt! Plus my energy is totally drained from carbs.

So...I have 3 months til I see my surgeon again. I would like to lose 25lbs by then. I am gonna have to work hard but I can do it. I have added some fun exercise into my routine (JUST DANCE) and know once I get over the first couple of days of low carb withdrawls I will be good.

So...here are my side by sides. (not the best, but best I can do from work) old are night before surgery 11/21/12 313lbs -21 total. Today are 8/21/12 218lbs -116lbs total

Carrie   HW: 334/Preop Appt W: 328/SW: 313/CW: 2  
preop: -21lbs, month 1: -28lbs, month 2: -16lbs, month 3: -18lbs, month 4: -11lbs,
month 5: -11lbs, month 6: -7lbs, ...all the way down. NOTE: after slacking I got back on track in Nov (month 12) and have lost 16lbs so far!

LJ123
on 8/21/12 11:02 am
Sound like a great summer! Your pics looks great! I bet you'll have those 9 pounds (and more) gone in no time.

jenngirl
on 8/21/12 11:04 am
VSG on 06/25/12
You look great!! Good luck with the remaining 25!!
sweetbelizeangir
on 8/21/12 11:07 am - NY
VSG on 02/15/12
You look great. keep it up
AdeanaMarie
on 8/21/12 11:09 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
Fabulous job. You look terrific!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Italian-Princess
on 8/21/12 11:12 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Looking GOOD!!!  Great summer away from the "rules" -- you did really well -- 9 pounds is going to leave you quickly because you know exactly what you have to do!  You'll make that goal for your next surgeon's visit, too.  Having our sleeves gives us a wonderful tool -- you obviously know how to work it! 

Congrats on living a carefree summer -- we all need things like that sometimes!

Ree
oppman
on 8/21/12 11:17 am - TX
VSG on 07/23/12
I will be 1 month out on thursday and WOW, you really are an inspiration! Thank You for posting!

HW- 310, SW 287.6, M1-31.4, M2 -11.2, M3 -15.8

Nadurra Deb
on 8/21/12 11:26 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
Good for you!! That is quite a transformation...it sounds like in more than just the scale and clothes size. I can only imagine how much easier and enjoyable it is to move through life with 100+ less lbs on the body. I've just started my journey. I really think part of this journey is about incorporating your new self into your life and sometimes you have to go for it and live out loud to find that new you or get back in touch with the old active you, before obesity.

We learn so much when we let go and take those risks. 9 lbs is not that much at all for a summer of self discovery. I would say that you had a very successful summer! You will have no trouble at all getting that 25 lbs off. You know what to do now. A day will come when you can let go and take those risks in life and you won't gain any weight and maybe even find you lose weight because all of your new life changes have become a part of you. I look forward to those days.

You look awesome! You really look like a different person! I'm so happy for you living life! You go girl!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Sleeva
on 8/21/12 12:04 pm - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
congratulations!!!
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

chiefsgirl3
on 8/21/12 12:53 pm - IL
VSG on 06/05/12
 You look awesome!

Most Active