Cyst on Kidney -- more tests!

MuttLover
on 8/29/12 8:47 pm
VSG on 11/14/12
 I am in the pre-op process, and got a call from my surgeon that the abdominal ultrasound showed a small cyst on my kidney -- so I have to have a CT scan and some other tests.   He didn't sound overly worried about it (but that could be so that I wouldn't get overly worried).   I told my husband not to worry, that the surgeon didn't sound too worried about it -- but I can't help being a little worried!

So, I would appreciate your prayers, good thoughts, whatever positive energy you can spare -- feel free to send my way!  I didn't get the call from the surgeon until after business hours today, so I can't make the appts until tomorrow -- and I'm guessing that the tests won't be until next week.  Ughh!

Thanks!
pcannedy
on 8/29/12 8:52 pm - Sacramento, CA
I have a cyst on my left kidney too.  They found it when I had a kidney stone attack.  My dr says he  will watch it but nothing to worry about, not cancer.

MuttLover
on 8/30/12 4:29 am
VSG on 11/14/12
Thanks!  I just finished reading up on simple cysts, so that's what I'm hoping for!
MistyM
on 8/30/12 5:49 am - Eufaula, OK
VSG on 06/26/12
I am a cat scan tech. I see these a lot and I would say over 90% of the time, they are benign.  Just thought I would share that positive piece of info with you.   :)    I will keep you in my thoughts.

Month 1= 19#     Month 2=11#    Month3=8#  Month 4 =10#

MuttLover
on 8/30/12 2:04 pm
VSG on 11/14/12
Thanks so much!  I was able to get an appt tomorrow, and I'm feeling a lot less worry!
Hislady
on 8/30/12 6:18 pm - Vancouver, WA
Like the tech said they are very common, I have one too, have had it for several years. They did a cat scan and said it was nothing. In fact the tech I had said almost everyone has at least one kidney cyst they just don't know about them until something else in that area is being looked at. So relax you are in excellent company!
MuttLover
on 8/30/12 7:01 pm
VSG on 11/14/12
 Thanks!  I appreciate the info -- I'll work on that whole relaxing thing!

Most Active