update** saw breast surgeon- sleeve rescheduled for Oct 2

Ohiogirl
on 9/20/12 2:43 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
 Hi - just wanted to update those who have been following my breast biopsy saga/ canceled sleeve from Tuesday.

Found a really sympathetic nurse at the breast care center, told her my story of having the breast abscess, non helpful PCP and trying to get my sleeve surgery rescheduled since it was canceled due to the breast infection, and she got me into the breast surgeon today!!!  Loved the surgeon, loved the nurse but especially loved that all I have to do is take antibiotics, put heating pad on huge breast hematoma and hopefully when I see her again next Wednesday - it will be resolved.  I was so afraid it would have to be drained or cut somehow and recovery would push my sleeve back for weeks.  But the breast surgeon said - if all is well on Wednesday - then I am a go for Oct 2 sleeve surgery.

VSG surgeon's office was so nice - called me yesterday and gave me the Oct 2 date - they were able to fill my Sept 18 spot with someone from Oct 2 -so I got her spot.  (Maybe it was meant to be.)

So - I feel I am on my way again after being sidetracked.  It has been a real winding road journey - been over a year - had a  lot of medical issues along the way - had to figure a way to pay for surgery since my insurance excludes bariatric surgery - and now this.  So please keep your fingers crossed for me to not have anything else happen before Oct 2 and maybe while I "m asking - nothing bad after surgery either.  

Thanks again OH family - you have been so supportive and I appreciate it.

Paula

Jls8877
on 9/20/12 2:58 pm
 Congratulations! I do believe what is meant to be will be. Maybe there was a "higher" reason for the need to switch. It may even could have had more to do with the other patient??? Who knows!?! Best news is that you will be your healthiest prior to your surgery. Good luck!

Shagdoll
on 9/20/12 3:00 pm
Gurl, your date is around the corner!!! I'm so glad things are going so well for you. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Feystorm
on 9/20/12 3:03 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Hi Paula, 

I am glad they think they can easily resolve the issue with your breast!!!  I hope for no more issues and a smooth surgery and recovery for you.

~Angi

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

Italian-Princess
on 9/20/12 4:32 pm - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Hi Paula

I've been following your saga -- your news is GREAT!  Exchanging dates with another patient could be the best thing that could happen for both of you.  We never know why these things happen -- we only know how it affects us personally.  But the other person may have had a special need to get in earlier.  So, it looks like a double blessing all the way around.

We're all sending you positive vibes, healing hugs, and wishes for the very best as you get on with your journey.

Ree
1london
on 9/20/12 5:04 pm
Hi Paula,
I am happy that it all worked out for you.  I wish you all the best and a safe surgery and a speedy recovery!
You are on your way!

lucy2e
on 9/20/12 6:57 pm - Laurel, MD
AWESOME NEWS!!!!  So happy for you! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Kabooboo
on 9/20/12 7:14 pm
Yea Paula! It sounds like it is all going to work out well in the end.

Debbie R.
on 9/20/12 8:18 pm - Cedar Hill, TX
VSG on 02/27/12
Congratulations on your good news & sending prayers for your
recovery & upcoming surgery!

TSinNC
on 9/21/12 11:31 am
VSG on 08/16/12
Hi Paula! So glad it sounds like a quick fix. You will be having your VSG in no time!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Most Active