How did you know what to eat?

Megan S.
on 9/27/12 4:40 am - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 03/07/13
I'm in the nutrition education phase and I read the forums on here morning, noon and night trying to soak up as much info as possible.

I read all the foods that everyone eats and I'm just wondering, How did you know what to eat? As I said I'm very early stages of my nutrition ed classes so I'm hoping they will tell you, but I was just wondering. I have to say this is my biggest fear is not knowing what to eat or finding something that I will like....sounds crazy saying it...but I'm seriously fearing this!!! Thanks for you input!!

~Megan~
TSinNC
on 9/27/12 4:48 am
VSG on 08/16/12
My surgeon and nutritionist gave me booklets with the nutrition guidelines leading up to and post surgery.

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Maureen K.
on 9/27/12 5:17 am
 Other than the usual liquids and mushy phase immediately after surgery which your nut and surgeon should give you a diet to follow. You will want to try and pick foods high in protein it really is a trial and error and some people's taste change after surgery but you can assume you will eat all the stuff you do now excluding the fried high fat carb food not to say you will never eat those or that you can't you just shouldn't get to goal first then you can have them once in awhile I thought I would be one if those people that couldn't have them just once in awhile but I am pleasantly surprised that if you follow the rules eat your protein first you won't have room for the bad stuff so you won't want it or one bite of it and you'll be satisfied. Best wishes to you on your journey all your research you are sure to be a success 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Crabadams72
on 9/27/12 8:20 am - Silver Spring, MD
You can google food plans. Just look up sleeve Gastrectomy food guide. There are several online from reputable bariatric programs.

VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

bagelface
on 9/27/12 8:58 am
VSG on 08/22/12
 I received a book with the complete food plan and diet progression in a pre-op nutrition class given by the nutritionist who is part of my surgeons team.   They are also always available via email or a phone call if I ever have any questions. 
pineview01
on 9/27/12 2:41 pm - Davison, MI

We all had to buy the shacks for pre and post up thru a site that our center had us order from. That was all you can eat the first couple weeks. Then you had a program to follow with food suggestions.

Everything was in black and white for use.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views