What syrups do you recommend?

Longs2Fly
on 10/7/12 10:46 am
VSG on 10/15/12 with
I'm looking at the syrups from Vitalady.  First time I have ever been on her site.  I keep reading things about syrups a lot of you use.  Which ones do you recommend (including brands)?  Is this the best place to get them?  Which ones would you start with?

Thanks for your help!  I'm on Day 1 of my pre-op diet...I'm hungry! :P 
econtiff
on 10/7/12 10:55 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
Most people do Torani sugar free syrups and get them from Amazon.

I have bought random flavors at Target that I am in the mood for. Only have caramel and vanilla right now.

You can also buy the syrups directly from Starbucks for $7.95 for the big bottle.
Longs2Fly
on 10/7/12 10:57 am
VSG on 10/15/12 with
 You are awesome!  Thank you!
ParisGirl
on 10/7/12 11:18 am
VSG on 04/25/13
 SF TORANI raspberry!!! Yummy! Love it in plain Greek yogurt.  

BezoarGirl
on 10/7/12 11:20 am - WA
I have choc and vanilla protein powder and the syrups I have are:

SF Raspberry-
SF Carmel
Just bought SF Almond

I use the almond and carmel in both the choc and vanilla powder.

I want to buy Hot butter Rum and pumpkin spice and mint from the company directly.  They have like over 30 flavors.  I also found the Almond one at a Ross store for 3.99 for the large bottle. 

Most coffee places will let you buy a couple of ounces too this way you can check it out before buying a new large bottle if you are unsure of the size.

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

Wildcat-NYC
on 10/7/12 11:28 am
VSG on 08/16/12
I love the torani sf black cherry.  I mix it with vanilla protein powder and sf cheesecake pudding for a really yummy protein shake.  I also have sf vanilla that I use in greek yogurt.

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
kcquilter
on 10/7/12 12:35 pm
I love the Torani SF syrups. I get the @ World Market but like mentioned you can get @ Amazon.

They are great mixed in Greek yogurt, I use them in my protein drinks plus mix a splash with unsweetened almond milk, coffee, one of my protein powders & ice -yummy.

Currently my go to is the sf salted caramel & sf pumpkin with vanilla protein powder, coffee & almond milk.

Some of my other favorites:
Vanilla cinnamon, awesome in Greek yogurt with just a little homemade granola
Raspberry
Vanilla
Caramel
Peppermint (just got haven't tried yet)
Toffee

Have fun experimenting.

Good luck with your pre-op diet, I think it was the hardest part.

Bobbie
fear_of_grace
on 10/7/12 1:22 pm - TN
VSG on 10/08/12
 I haven't tried a lot so far, but the Torani Brown Sugar cinnamon is amazing with coffee, milk and protein powder! 

Month 1: -27 lbs Month 2:  -9 lbs Month 3: -11 lbs Month 4:-10 lbs Month 5: -8 lbs

Month 6: -8 lbs Month 7: -5 lbs Month 8: -9 lbs  Month 9: -2 lbs Month 10:

Escape_Pod
on 10/9/12 4:16 am
Do you have something like a Cash & Carry nearby?  I can get sugar free syrups there for less than half the price of Amazon.com, etc (about $3 for a large bottle!).  I love hazelnut and salted caramel.  Sometimes you can catch a good sale at World Market, and they have a fairly good selection of sugar free syrups as well.
Vitalady's site is really wonderful for ordering sample packs of protein flavors - a great way to try something new without committing to a whole jug of it.

5'8"    Highest Weight: 245   Goal Weight (Surgeon): 154   Stretch Goal: 140

Jean in the I E
on 10/9/12 9:14 am - Fontana, CA
I love Torani, I just picked up some sf salted caramel from Cost Plus - and it's amazing!!! The pre-op diet is always tough but hang in there, you're going to do great :)

Jean  I'm 45, 5' 4-1/2" -- 315/272/230 -- 43 lbs lost pre-op
"Progress, not perfection..." ~Dr. Roger Gould
Breast reduction & lift - 11/11/11 (sooo wonderful!!!)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views