Getting excited / nervous!

Ellie2
on 10/11/12 10:34 am
 I have been OPTI fast now for 9 days and I hit the wall this morning...gagged getting it down even with decaf instant coffee mixed in!  I have also been VERY cold early evening and before I go to bed.  Drinking lots of water.  Is this normal?  Can't wait till Tuesday when the big day is...and to get rid of my horrible knee pain in both knees.  Any suggestions? 
lucy2e
on 10/11/12 10:59 am - Laurel, MD
Sorry you hit the wall - the pre-op diet is really the worst part.  It's so hard, but well worth it!

I didn't get cold pre-op - but definitely did post-op.  I had surgery in June - so a lot warmer then.  Your knees will start feeling better soon!  Good luck and stay strong during your pre-op diet! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

KnitsByMama
on 10/11/12 11:07 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12
 Yay! Sleeve Buddy! I'm getting mine done Tuesday too. 

And yes, I have been getting cold spells as well. I've beein living in my hoodie. 
Pinkchickadee
on 10/11/12 11:19 am
 I'm almost a  sleeve buddy! I  get mine on Monday and I had a  3 week protien shake and  water diet. I HATE it! lol  Dig  deep you are almost there.  I am  so  excited for  clear fluids on  Sunday!
The  change will bbe nice!

Starting Weight:275 CW:189 SW:??  Goal:169

Longs2Fly
on 10/13/12 4:34 am
VSG on 10/15/12 with
I'm getting mine done Monday, too!
jjldh_va
on 10/11/12 11:47 am
VSG on 10/09/12 with
I can speak true here, I had my surgery on Tuesday this week... I am not hungry now.  I am struggling to get my water in, and just had some unjury chicken soup.  I am going to work hard to get in my water and protein over the next week, while my stomach is still swollen.  The pre-op diet really is the hardest part.

~JJ~    Surgery w/ Dr. Alvarez on Oct 9 2012  ~ HW 300?? ~ SW280.0 ~ CW 217.6

notoriousgrannyD
on 10/11/12 11:48 am
VSG on 10/16/12
Another sleeve buddy!  I am being done on Tues as well and am on Day 9 of the Optifast as well.  I hve the choc and van to choose from but they are going down pretty good. I find that I HAVE to have them in my magic bullet with ice.  I freeze coffee and blend the cubes with water and a choc pac and it's pretty good.  For the vanilla I have been using Mio and adding either coconut extract or Lemon extract - now all I need is rum and it kinda feels like I'm on a hot holiday haha. 

I couldn't get any ice at work the other day so I just blended it up with out and I have to say I thought it was pretty gross, but I chugged it down.  ewww

I have to confess - I am cheating with a pickle, actually I have had about 5 of them since I started......tellng myself that it is not that bad..... but I really needed something and it really helped ..... haven't had a pickle since yesterday, so I think I'm done......
. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
mayflower1322
on 10/11/12 3:56 pm
I had my surgery last week Wednesday on 3rd.  And being honest it wasnt easy.  It was hard when I woke up after, I hated the pain.  And in the hospital I could care less about eating because i was more focused on how to sit up.  I am home now and I got lucky with the drinking.  I could actually drink a one ounce water cup with no problem.  I havent tried drinking more than that at one time.  But I have downed my medcine and then chased it with sips of water.  My hardest thing is getting the protein in I cant stand the way the protein shakes taste.  I need help finding one that doesnt taste like ugg..  I wish my taste for food went away.  I am so hungry I can not wait until my pureed stage where I can eat Tuna.  I want to feel that full feeling so bad.  But Ive lost 12 lbs in a week so that is why I am going through all of this craziness.  Thats my point, its going to stuck, esp if you love food and the taste of food like me.. But seeing my weight being 360 the day of surgery and 348 today is so amazing.  348 I couldnt believe I made it down to 40 something.  Goodluck, may God Bless you and enjoy your pain free knees after Tuesday :)
suzie2241
on 10/12/12 12:24 am
VSG on 11/02/12
I am pre-op, but I tried the Pantry Selections - they are delish. 15 g protein.

They have: cran-grape; wildberry (yum); pineapple orange (yummy); lemon razzle; strawberry kiwi.  It's a nice change from the creamy shakes.

caligirl2829
on 10/11/12 4:04 pm - Aurora, CO
VSG on 10/16/12
 hello fellow buddies,  I'm getting sleeved on Tuesday too!! I feel really bad for you. It sucks that some doctors have really awful, long diets to follow pre-op and some don't have any at all. I start a 3 day clear liquid diet on Sat. and I am NOT looking forward to it. Oh well, it's almost over. So hang in there...we can do this!!

God bless!    

Deb 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 180 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 476 views