PAIN when I eat or drink (6 days post-op)

caligirl2829
on 10/22/12 6:50 am - Aurora, CO
VSG on 10/16/12
I am only 6 days post op, but my concern is that I was feeling great until this morning. I woke up feeling kinda hungry, but anything I try to eat or drink causes discomfort in my tummy! I have been on liquid/purees since coming home from the hospital. Did I over do something? It's not quite painful -sorta feels like I'm really full, but without eating...

Thanks!

God bless!    

Deb 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

morgans
on 10/22/12 6:53 am
VSG on 06/18/12
Your stomach is still very swollen so unless you are in actual pain I would just take it easy. Staying hydrated right now is the most important thing so maybe back off of the puree and concentrate on clear liquids for a few days.

Keith L.
on 10/22/12 7:30 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
Your stomach will continue to do new things that you have to sort of figure out over the next couple of weeks. That feeling may mean you are hungry or it may mean you are thirsty. First thing in the morning I would guess you are probably thirsty.

But different foods will fee different too.

k

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

frisco
on 10/22/12 9:26 am

Call your surgeon is the only real correct answer to your question......

6 days out and PAIN in all CAPS means call the Doctor.......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

JodiLynn80
on 10/22/12 10:31 am - Whitehall, PA
VSG on 10/15/12
 hey! was wondering how you've been doing. Definately stick to your clear. Luckily my surgeon said after a 3 full days, i can try mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs....i've done it as an alternative to my protein and have done pretty good with it. of course if you think that's not an option, don't try it but at least it's another thing the try.
Hope all is well...ttys!

Jodi
Whitehall, PA

Kelly-AnneH
on 10/22/12 10:35 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I'm with Frisco. It's normal to have momentary pain if you do something like swallow too much at once, but to feel well, then have all caps PAIN has only one answer - call your doctor.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

caligirl2829
on 10/22/12 11:08 am - Aurora, CO
VSG on 10/16/12
 Thanks all! I'm feeling a little better since I backed off and went for a walk. I think I may have been trying to go too fast when eating. I'm going back to mostly liquid & when I do puree something, I also put it through a strainer- this seems to be helping...

God bless!    

Deb 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views