Vitamin help

rissa1224
on 11/6/12 10:31 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Soooo I purchased my daily vitamins my NUT recommended to me.... 4 bottles (3 are 30 doses and 1 is 90) $102!!!! How am I going to afford to purchase them every month or so??

My NUT recommended to me to take Nutrametrix

D&K2

Multi with Iron

Calcium Complete

Activated B

They are all powder mixes which she says absorbs faster, That is fine since I dont like swallowing pills. But damn! It;'s so expensive. She doesnt want me going to GNC because they have a lot of addedatives which I understand..

Any other suggestions I can ask her so when I run out I dont have to order them again from that website.

Keith L.
on 11/6/12 10:42 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Flintstone Chewables Complete with Vitamin D and Iron - $12, Wellese Liquid Vitamin D - $8, 2 for one Vitamin B at Walgreens - $12, Chewable Calcium Target - $8

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

rissa1224
on 11/6/12 10:44 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Thank you!!! So I didnt really need to purchase those? Would she only recommend them because she maybe gets some money from her patients buying them off her site? Like commission? Shold I ask her if I can get the ones you suggested or just go buy them myself? I will return the ones I bought if thats the case.

acbbrown
on 11/6/12 10:46 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I dont spend more than $30/month on vites....be weary when docs/NUTs are recommending products, especially if they are expensive. Do your research and you can find much cheaper alternatives. I wouldn't recommend flinstone vitamins, but there are definitely cheaper options out there, including chewable vites if you dont like the pills. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Latse
on 11/6/12 10:59 pm
VSG on 06/18/12

The Sunday paper always has coupons for different vitamin brands, watch sales sometimes you can find buy one get one.  I got all of mine from Walgreens, Centrum chewable, Spring Valley brand for my B12 sublingual & D3 gel cap, biotin is another gel cap and for my calcium I use Citracal calcium citrate + D3 petites they are still kinda big but I couldn't stand the chewable I bought from bariatric advantage.

It would throw a red flag for me if my NUT recommended I only buy the brand they sell in their office/webpage.

Starting/Highest Weight 340, Surgery Weight 306,
Post op:
M1-20lb, M2-14, M3-15, M4-11, M5-10, M6-10, M7-8, M8-4, M9-4, M10-5

MuttLover
on 11/6/12 11:06 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

My Nut recommends Centrum chewables -- but basically is OK with anything that has the right combo. Trader Joe's also makes an adult chewable.

Walmart has a variety of chewables as well.  Surprisingly, the Sam's in my area doesn't have adult chewables.

I found the prices for B-12 at the Vitamin Shop to be very reasonable (compared to even Walmart). 

I don't know if there is another chewable with iron though, so you might have to check into that a little more.  Maybe the younger people who need extra iron can weigh in on that!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views