3 months out of surgery yesterday and today...down 50 lbs....yipee

beach_mama
on 11/8/12 10:09 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

I love my sleeve....I feel sooo much better.  I could never have done this on my own.  I'm down 50 lbs and would like to lose another 15-20lbs to get to my goal weight.  I have a really bad knee, totally blew it out playing basketball in February...torn mcl and miniscus tears on both sides and this is the second time I did this (1986 with ACL and miniscus) so lots of arthritis as well.  Needless to say, I'm officially retired from sports but am walking, swimming and doing eliptical and strength training).  I'm not getting any younger that's for sure lol. 

I spoke to a friend of mine back in the spring who had the lap band and started researching from there and found out about the VSG.  Because of a four year waiting period just for the initial consult, I decided to self pay and went to Mexicali, Mexico where Dr. Aceves performed the surgery.  I had no problems at all.  It was the best decision I've made in a long time.

I have pretty much changed my wardrobe as of now which is kind of fun.

Having a blast and loving this new me!  So does my husband

valentinoAB
on 11/8/12 10:48 pm
I am two weeks out... I loved DR Aceves!!!
My Experience was superb!!!
I have lost 25lbs so far!! Not including my pre op weight
That I lost. I am so happy to have a surgeon that was SO experienced!!!
Yay Dr Aceves!!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/12 12:17 am
VSG on 06/04/12

Congratulations and you're pretty darn close to goal! Keep up the good work!! 

grannymedic1
on 11/9/12 12:23 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

Hurray for you and congratulations on a great job! 

Don't buy all new clothes yet, though. After I got my band I got the best of my fat clothes altered when I had 15 pounds to go. I mean, how much changing can 15 pounds do. Well, they hung on me after I reached goal.

I had surgery for my revision about a week or so after you. I was up about 15 pounds from my goal with my band so didn't have much to go but I have lost a surprising 25 pounds. I dropped another 3 this week but will have to regain that since I look ok at 138 but 135 doesn't look good on me. I am nearly 63 and have enough baggy wrinkles on my face and neck without going too low.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views