1mo post op have cold/sinus infection what to take?

KnitsByMama
on 11/21/12 11:55 pm - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

I woke up this morning with horrible pressure in my sinuses and a sore throat. I'm 1 month post-op what can I take for mediccation? My Dr and their Nurse service is off all day unless for emergencies, since it's Thanksgiving. I'm desperate, what can I take? Are there any restrictions? I don't have any co-morbitities, no high blood pressure, no diabetes. I would usually take Sudafed and Tylenol. Is that okay? 

Crabadams72
on 11/22/12 12:13 am - Silver Spring, MD
With VSG there arent any restrictions unless you previously had ulcers or stomach issues.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

KnitsByMama
on 11/22/12 7:46 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

But I can't have alcohol, so like Nyquil is out. And those "warming" or "cooling" liquids are terrible with my tummy. I tried the Tylenol liquid cold "cooling burst" and my stomach felt like it was on fire!

Linda B.
on 11/22/12 2:07 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I also am battling a cold. I picked up some Target brand thera-flu because it listed relief for most of my symptoms. However, it knocks me out so if you go get some, keep that in mind. I wanted a liquid because even though I am 10 weeks out, large pills and my sleeve don't get along. Also, if you think you have a sinus infection, you need to get in to see a doc ASAP. These things can get bad. It is a long story, but a sinus infection almost killed my son when he was 11. It migrated to his brain, so don't mess around, please take care of it.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

TSinNC
on 11/22/12 2:56 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Alka Seltzer Plus Cold is my absolute go-to for colds. The day/night pack always gets the job done!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/22/12 5:28 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I agree with the previous posters with 1 extra. Get a saline spray (not a decongestant) and use it. It feels weird to suck in through your nose while spraying, but it really helps liquify the gunk causing the sinus pain. Standing in a steamy shower helps the pain too. I hope you feel better soon.

Sudafed and Tylenol should be fine. Just be wary of taking Sudafed at night. (It contains a stimulant - gives me nightmares) You may find the rapid release Tylenol works better than regular now. Also gel caps or liquid are better than tablets if you can find them. It also comes in chewable, but it sure doesn't taste very good. Lol

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

lisa agathangelou
on 11/22/12 7:28 am - east stroudsburg, PA
VSG on 09/26/12

my doctor told my anything with tylenol.. no asprin or advil in it at all so i took tylenol cold an sinus.. i hope you feel better. im just starting too 

jameas
on 11/23/12 5:43 am

How did you decide on sleeve compared to RNY hopr your feeling better and were able to find correct meds for you

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 66 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 251 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 319 views