Long Road Ahead

June W.
on 1/28/13 3:34 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12

It's hard to have lost almost 65 lbs and still have 100 to go. I am feeling tired of my journey and need to regroup and re-motivate. I'm starting my Couch to 5K today. I did the first two weeks of it back in October and then got sidetracked. I'm committed to pushing through this for the next two months. I can't wait to run my first 5K. I am eating vegan and getting my protein and water in. I'm making progress, but it is slow.

I CAN DO THIS!

AppyGrl
on 1/28/13 3:46 am
VSG on 01/23/13

You can do it!!! Use your tool for the good you know it can do!!!

mkate73
on 1/28/13 4:09 am - NC
VSG on 10/23/12

I completely understand how you feel -- sometimes I get so overwhelmed by thinking of the amount of weight I still have to lose and feeling like I will never reach my 'goal' weight.  It doesn't help that I don't really remember the last time I actually WEIGHED my goal weight -- I'm sure I was in high school.  Success just seems so very far away sometimes! 

But we are making progress.  Every day, we are making ourselves a little healthier AND a little lighter.  We just have to stay focused and take things one day at a time.  Just for today, train for the Couch to 5K (I just signed up for a 5K in April so I'll be training with you!).  Just for today, stay on track with food/water.  Tomorrow we'll be one day closer to goal and we'll do the whole thing over again, just for the day.  You are not alone and we CAN do this!

Lynnegetsbrave
on 1/28/13 4:53 am

I too understand how you feel.  I have lost 60 lbs but have really 175 to go if I really want to get to my goal.  Somedays I think it will never happen.  All we can do is take one day a time, stay focused  on the goal and know that every day we stay on the road, and don't falter is another victory leading to our ultimate goal.  Hang in there and keep posting.  There are lots of us who feel the way you do.  Hopefully it will be at different times and we can support each other through it.

reneemosley
on 1/28/13 5:52 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12

I'm so with you. I still have 100Lbs to go too. It does not seem possible on most days. I feel like I have made amazing progress. I feel great. How could I have let my self get to 300Lbs? But I did, and I do. So little by little I will whiddle myself away.

I feel like a manic loser. I have days where I am hyper focused and vigilant with eating and exercise and days where I say"..I'm trying and my time will come"

What I try to remember and remind myself is this is FOREVER. Its not a race. Its my life.

We can do this collectively.

5K run here you come!!

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

abrown8434
on 1/28/13 6:49 am - VA

Trust me, I know how you feel! For as much as I lost I have that and then some to still get off. It's okay though; all the benefits I dreamed of from surgery are already a reality so the lower weight is more of a desire vs. a physical necessity.

Just make sure you check out the heavyweights below:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/bmi_over_50/

Not as fast paced and frequent postings as this sites but it is good to be around other heavyweights that can relate.

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views