mashed potatoes on pureed phase?

nmcmanus66
on 2/1/13 8:16 am - CA

were you allowed to eat these and did you?

Nancybefree
on 2/1/13 8:22 am
VSG on 11/21/12

I was allowed to eat that if I added protein powder or nonfat dry milk to it.  I decided not to eat that in favor of cottage cheese and chicken and such.  Just my preference as part of wanting to keep carbs low and stay away from personal trigger foods.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

bigdobes
on 2/1/13 8:22 am

No, and no.

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/13 8:25 am

Plans are different and results are different too.  I was not allowed to eat any high carb foods until, well, actually never.  :)  I do have some in maintenance.  Shhhh... don't tell my doctor.  :)  I am kidding, he would not mind as long as it was working for me.  But even now, that is the first thing I would give up if my weight went up.

grannymedic1
on 2/1/13 8:56 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

I was allowed them but did not eat them. I chose by asking myself the question "If I eat this will it help me along the way? Will it set me back?" I am very carb sensitive and was afraid it would trigger cravings. I did ok on things like fat free refried beans with cheese, though, and that has never been a craving trigger for me.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

daniparis
on 2/1/13 9:19 am - Richardson, TX

I am in the pureed phase now..and I take 1 premade turkey meatballs- 6 gm protein each, pureed w/ pre made jarred gravy...and pour that over 1 oz or less or mashed potatoes...I am using instant potatoes..to me this is yummy..and in my surgeons book I got at my class.

I am making the mashers with skim milk..and making them on the soft side...

I am blending the same meatballs w/ ricotta and tomato sauce...and loving that too...

califsleevin
on 2/1/13 9:29 am - CA

Yes, they are a common early soft food, and unflavored protein powder can be added to it to help make your protein numbers for the day, and potatoes are one of the most calorically efficient sources of potassium (which doesn't supplement well,) that we have. The carbophobes on this board don't like it, but there are lots of healthy foods that they don't like and their diets are far from the healthiest thing around, so by all means have some in moderation (another concept that many have problems with,) and in keeping with your overall calorie and protein goals.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

frisco
on 2/1/13 10:48 am

(dude..... what's with all the snippy digs on every post of yours???)

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

INgirl
on 2/1/13 11:05 am

Thank you. I've noted this too. 

thinnersinner
on 2/1/13 9:56 am

Yes, I can have them on my plan, but I don't.  Very little protein.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views