Is this even possible?

sancie_67
on 3/14/13 11:34 pm - Bombay, NY

I suspect my scale needs a new battery or it's tired of being sworn at, but is it possible to lose 13 pounds overnight?  The first time I figured it had to be wrong so I got on again and got the same thing - repeated the process several times and then got in the shower tried it again, same thing, brushed my teeth and got dressed, a couple pounds higher.  Put my coat on, headed for the door, removed coat and shoes and got on AGAIN and it was the same thing.  I assume my battery is bad, but I'd love to believe that it was right.  What do you think?

danixbanani
on 3/15/13 12:08 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

I'm not really sure, science-wise, whether or not this is possible.  What I DO know is that scales can very easily get messed up and off balance if you knock 'em around too much.  My scale says I weight about 2-3lbs less than my doctor's scale but it's close enough that I don't really care.  The 13lbs could be water weight maybe?  Hopefully someone more science-inclined will chime in lol

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

sancie_67
on 3/15/13 12:16 am - Bombay, NY

They do get moved around a lot, so that could very well be it.  I knew it was highly unlikely - just wanted to believe that it was really firmly into the hundreds and no longer starting with a two.  Guess I'll probably just have to be patient.   Rome wasn't built in a day, right?

Jackie T.
on 3/15/13 12:24 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

TMI.......

13lb is a lot but here are some questions to consider:

Did you eat a lot before you weighed in the night before?

Did you lose a lot of water/bm before you weighed your self in the morning?

If any of the above are true it will have a bigger change in your scale the next morning.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

sancie_67
on 3/15/13 12:32 am - Bombay, NY

I had weighed in yesterday morning on an empty stomach.  Nothing out of the ordinary waste-wise.   I'm reasonably sure it's just plain wrong and time to replace either the battery or the whole scale.  It would have been nice though......  If nothing else it made me FEEL thinner this morning - lol. 

valentinoAB
on 3/15/13 1:06 am
Buy a new scale and weigh or go to a gym and weigh.... Then ... You'll know !!!

mickeymantle
on 3/15/13 2:09 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

usually when the battery is weak you ether get a error message, all different weights  , or a blank screen

if you moved it to a different type of floor it will read different

I just use the doctors scale as my main one and the gym scale every once in a while , most people over weigh themself and drive them self crazy over 1 lb up or down

as long as you are losing relax and enjoy the lose

unless you just had surgery this week it is unlikely you lost 13 lbs, that would be almost 2 gal of water

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

sancie_67
on 3/15/13 2:57 am - Bombay, NY

Good advice!   I'm 7.5 weeks out and down 38 pounds, so I have nothing to complain about.  I'm satisfied with my progress even though I seem to stall about every other week.  As much as I'd have liked to see the extra gone, I know it's not too apt to be true.

serenity1959
on 3/15/13 12:35 pm
VSG on 08/05/13

I don't know about how much it is possible to lose overnight, but can tell you that my scale was wildly inaccurate when the battery was low. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views