skipped out on lunch....

loveyameanit
on 4/10/13 3:19 am

I work at a school (Certified teacher but work as a Reading coach) and we had 1/2 day of schol. Ususally on days like these, a grade level will host a potluck type of lunch for the faculty and staff. I decided I am not ready to be around this type of social situation with foods I can't have or don't know the protein, calories, carbs, etc. I am not trying to sound like a food victim, I just know me and I know I can't be around this right now. I ended up leaving and came home to make my own chicken salad.

On another note, I had a check up with the Dr. yesterday. Everything seems on target. He wasn't jumping up and down for my 40 lbs total weight loss (pre op and post op) but he's not that chipper to begin with. I like him, don't get me wrong. I have to work on getting my fluids up. I am clear to lift without restrictions which means I'll be hitting the gym for some strength training.

Since the weather is getting better and I am feeling better, I have so much I want to accomplish.

HW-327   Pre-Op-293  CW-250    GW-196   

Sleeved 03/04/2013

www.thislifewasmeanttoshine.blogspot.com

Shagdoll
on 4/10/13 3:24 am

That was brave of you to skip out on the lunch provided at work.  Sometimes we just got to do what we have to do to be successful & to not put ourselves in testy situations.  40 pounds lost & you were sleeved on 3/4?  I know you said that includes pre-op but that is fantastic!!!!  Keep up that frame of mind, it will only help you succeed!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Gingerly
on 4/10/13 4:17 am - Brookline, MA

Congrats on the weight loss!

louisamay
on 4/10/13 4:48 am
VSG on 04/27/12

Congratulations on making the SMART choice. You were strong, made the right choice, and turned your back on a dangerous situation.

Go, you!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views