Am I Missing Something?????

NikNakMcCants
on 4/18/13 12:40 am
VSG on 06/10/13

My surgery is only 7 weeks away and I have begun to prepare for my new life.  However, I want to make sure that I am not missing anything.

All you veterans.....please let me know if you can think of anything else. Here is a list of what I have.

* I have purchased all different kinds of protein samples. (Right now I love love love Chike. But, I heard tastes change. So I have several other manufacturers as well.)

* Bariatric Fusion Vitamins

* Purchased and started taking Biotin. (Some say it lessens hair loss.I figured it's best to give it a try.)

* Smaller plates and bowls with ****tail spoons and forks

* A good quality blender.

* A food scale

* Small containers to hold food during the puree stage.

The list seems too small. What else do you suggest?

Nicolena 

(I will not be fat in my 40's!)

cajunlady1958
on 4/18/13 12:51 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
a set of measuring spoons and cups
a shaker cup for protein drinks, i couldn't take the extra foam from using a blender.
tape measure so you can chart your progress, if the scale doesn't move sometimes the tape measure will, lol.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Ms Shell
on 4/18/13 1:32 am - Hawthorne, CA

Some pictures of your current self regardless of whether or not you LIKE pictures, you might need them to compare as you lose to see yourself!

Some gasX pills EXTRA STRENGTH for after surgery to help "relieve" the gas

Shot glass (I would fill up a 16oz bottle of water) and use my shot glass to sip water from.  My goal was at LEAST 2 bottles a day.

A journal nothing like WRITING down your feelings and not eating them.

Don't make any "rash" decision in the first 12 months.  As you lose weight your hormones start to be released in the fat loss and well you go crazy.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

anninva
on 4/18/13 1:35 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with

From experience -- don't go crazyy buying protein powder/drinks right now.  i did and it ended up that i couldn't tolerate them.  ended up donating a BIG box of them to another OHer who couldn't afford to purchase.  Syntrax nectar will send trial packs for free i think, but otherwise . . .

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Airpun79
on 4/18/13 1:54 am - Jacksonville, FL

Although you may not need it right away I would begin searching ways to track your food, water, etc. I recommend using "My Fitness Pal" (MFP) which could be done on either a PC or mobile phone app.  They also synch together so whatever you put on one shows up on the other.  I began tracking my food/water pre-op so that it would become a habit by the time I had surgery. Tracking has been my saving grace during stalls because all I had to do was look and see what needed to be adjusted whether it was water or carbs or whatever. 

Best of luck to you!

HW: 360      SW: 351             CW: 212         GOAL: 200 
Monthly Weight Loss Progression:
M1:-46 M2:-24 M3:-14 M4:-17 M5:-9 M6:-13 M7:-7 M8:-5  M9:-1 M10:-3 M11:-8 M12: -10

NikNakMcCants
on 4/18/13 2:41 am
VSG on 06/10/13

Thanks all!!!!!! These are great suggestions. kiss

Nicolena 

(I will not be fat in my 40's!)

MrsClaus09
on 4/18/13 9:44 pm

I wish I had taken the advice to NOT purchase a ton of things before surgery as tastes/feelings/desires and needs would change after surgery - that is very true!  

For me, my post-surgery saviors were: bed wedge, tomato soup, Chobani yogurt, immersion blender and my pedometer.

Best of luck to you!

My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views