Still on track & grafeful ~~How are you doing today?

dot4you
on 5/14/13 2:43 am - CA

Hi Everyone,

How are my fellow vsg folks (getting back to basics) doing it today?

I'm hanging in there & working my VSG and eating my protein first. Waiting an hour to eat after I stop drinking & and not drinking for an hour after. Low carbs (no white carbs) and exercising. Back to work today, so we'll see how it goes. I will stay focused on my goals.

Do you have any struggles today?

Wishing you the best today!!

MS.LISA
on 5/14/13 3:31 am - Salem, OR

WOW! Its been 5 years since you had surgery?

How much do you weigh if you dont mind me asking?

I am going on 3 years and I am struggling w/my cravings and gaining weight again.

I really need to get some encouragement or im going to to be big and fat once again!!!!

Shagdoll
on 5/14/13 4:06 am

No Ms. Lisa, we gotta get back on track.  We don't wanna end up where we once were. 

Gawd, I miss the early days of walking on rose petals with cute little dreamy eyed ponies by my side, feeling like this journey was easy peazy as long as I made good food choices.  The weight was coming off like crazy ... those were the days, but ...

Why did we have surgery in the first place??  We want to be health & on the plus side, look great.  I want to live to see my kids have kids.  Find your happy place in this sleeved life.  The results are worth it; just keep plugging away.  If you fall off the wagon, just get back on.  It's a daily challenge for me but we can do this!!!! 

Jenn  

WWBD?  

MS.LISA
on 5/14/13 2:08 pm - Salem, OR

You are so right ! I really  need to get my self on track, and your words are exactly what I needed to here! thank you

dot4you
on 5/14/13 5:37 am - CA

my weight is 160, my lowest was 137.I was at 142 for the lonest time... I'd like to be 130-135.

yes 5 yrs already & the first 2-3 yrs were great! Eat anything but could only do tiny amounts. Then slowly went back to my bad habits of grazing & eating all day long!! All the stuff that held no nutrition for me. I became anemic for a 1 1/2 yrs...I was tired & weak and sat around(gaining weight) with NO energy, like I was dying. Horrible. The good news, my iron is UP & my energy, back.

I have a treadmill & I've been on it 3-5 days a week for 3 month for a hour at a time....pushing my limits, hills, running. My weight change, nothing. Well when I eat all day that will happen. lol...

But since Thursday I'm down 4lbs and hope to keep that moving down. It might take some time but I'm ok with that. I jsut have to do my part & I know it's going to be ok.

I also feel great without the junk.

Wishing you the best and we all have the same tool & we KNOW it works, we just have to use it correctly. That's our part.

bajahahamama
on 5/25/13 4:37 pm - CA

Hi Dot4you,  I just popped and and saw your post.... Nice to see your post and that you are back on track,  Me too.

I also had a gain, same way, not stepping on the scale then gaining at the rate of 1-2 lbs a month... slow and steady.  Talked with my doc and that is eating about 200 calories a day more than I was burning.  If I was exercising I would not have gained  :(

I have been back on track for the last month and yesterday was down 9 lbs.  

I maintained for about 3 years very easily, then my life got very tough and i went back to emotional eating and eating alot of junk - i.e. sugar!  Life has gotten easier again and I am ready to get back on track and work off the lbs. 

I did not get exercise in my life, and had further injuries and was not able to maintain. My arthritis in my feet and hands  is making it difficult to exercise and I am pool phobic.   My best advice to any one out there is that exercise will help you maintain!  I was able to lose with out exercise and did not get it in my life. 

My VSG also still works when I work it. I don't think it has stretched, but I can eat more often/snack. It was so easy to be in denial and avoid that scale.  I had been really good about my vitamins and have gotten back to taking them again.  So far my blood pressure has been great and blood work has been in the normal ranges. 

Baja

dot4you
on 6/5/13 1:22 am - CA

HEY WOMAN!!!

So good to hear from you!! I just got back from Yosemite for a week...lots of hiking & bike riding. Wish I could live everyday like that.  I  have been wanted to write back to you & finally can.

Sorry to hear you've had a rough go at it also. The old habits die hard! But we have our tool and we can work it to our benifit.

Let me know if you want to get together.

I have 2 new friends with VSG in the last 6 months. They are doing great and" learning the  ropes". Maybe we can all get to together and share our stories...coffee?? So good to hear from you!!

Shagdoll
on 5/14/13 4:00 am

I'm struggling to resist eating everything in sight.  I seriously have my brain working on overdrive this morning.  I know I have string cheese, light  havarti, & light salami in the fridge at work.  I want it but have to wait until lunch.  30 more min.  What is my prob?  It's not TOM ... oh that's right ... I am just a foodie with food on the brain 24/7!!!!

I'm gonna tough it out and fill my venti Starbucks plastic tumbler with 24 ounces of water.  I need to distract myself!!!

I hate being a slave to loving food too much.  A daily battle for me lately.

I am now thinking about Day 6 of my workout tonight.  I don't want to undo that killer workout!!!  Aye!!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Ms Shell
on 5/14/13 4:57 am - Hawthorne, CA

I'm in overdrive myself and **** it I'm not waiting lol!!!  Ok I might but yeah, I took my acid pill this morning because I semi felt this way, so I will be making sure I take it tomorrow to.

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views