Nutrition help.

Mr_Ls_Diet
on 6/2/13 11:34 pm

Hi, i am 7 weeks post of. I am going to the gym and even got a trainer. He said i need to eat carbs. He says with the exercise we will be doing i need more carbs and around 120 g of protein to be able to handle the work outs.

Has anyone one encountered this? if so how many carbs do we need per day?

On a side ? how long after the vsg do we need to crush our pills? from what i remember it was only the first month after the sleeve.

Keith L.
on 6/3/13 12:11 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

You can probably stop crushing your pills but always a good idea to follow your doctors advice. 

Your trainer is spouting textbook nutrition advice that does not apply to us. Unless your trainer is well versed in WLS procedures and post-op nutrition he should stay focused on the exercise part. The 120g of protein sounds good, but keep your carbs below 40 and increase your fats. Trust me on this. Also if your trainer has you doing ny high impact cardio find another trainer. For ft burn you should be doing strength training and low impact interval training. 

Now if you want to eat the majority of your carbs immediately after your workout that would be beneficial but my experience is better to eat on plan and increase your fats. You will be a bit more tired and have a hard time getting through your first couple workouts but once you get used to burning fat for fuel instead of carbs you will shed fat fast and you will feel great. I have seen losses as much as 12lbs in one week. 

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Mr_Ls_Diet
on 6/3/13 1:53 am

Thanks that helps alot.

ababenoit
on 6/3/13 11:01 am - LA
VSG on 04/08/13
Keith.... I'm starting at the gym this week. I will be meeting with a trainer to show me what exercises to do.... I really am worried about having flab lol. I have lost about 40 lbs and I can already see the flabbiness! I doubt this guy is very knowledgeable on WLS workouts... What should I tell him I need to do? Strength training and what else? Do I need cardio?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views