First HOT Summer as a Sleeved Woman!

Jessica S.
on 6/25/13 8:20 am
VSG on 02/15/13

So I don't feel like eating AT ALL in this East Coast heat and humidity.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Any tips and tricks to make sure I'm still getting proper nutrition? 

Minemake14
on 6/25/13 8:47 am

Humidity....yuck. Last night I had a premier protein shake mixed in the blender with a bunch of ice and some SF Coffee Torani syrup, a big icee smoothie - dinner out on the deck!

Cold tuna salad?  Cold chicken chunks with tomato and cucumber?  Eggs- hard boiled sliced with cucumber? 

shrinking_sarah
on 6/25/13 3:27 pm - CA

OMG, I need SF coffee syrup!!!!  That sounds amazing!

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

justpete
on 6/25/13 8:54 am
VSG on 04/02/13

i'm going to experiment with some home made yogurt popsicles or protein popsicles next week ... maybe with some jello powder in them to keep them together?.  shouldnt have much difficulty consuming those in this humidity!

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

cajunlady1958
on 6/25/13 9:07 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
Another humid day in the south. Its 6 pm and still 90°. So tonight its a virgin sex on the beach.
1/2 cup of diet cranberry drink
1/2 cup diet orange juice
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
Extra ice
Blend til slushy.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Calking
on 6/25/13 10:56 am
VSG on 05/31/12

Hmmm seems odd that you never wore sleeves before?

lol.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

mickeymantle
on 6/25/13 3:14 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

whats this heat and humidly thing your talking about , yea 100% humidly but it only hit 63f today here

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Jessica S.
on 6/25/13 9:33 pm
VSG on 02/15/13

Thanks to all of you who provided valuable recommendations/suggestions!!!

In addition to some ideas a few of you have mentioned, I'm also going to cave and buy a juicer to start incorporating green juice into my daily routine.  My nutritionist says by 6 months out I should be at 4-6 servings of veggies and fruit anyway and I can't fathom being able to eat that and maintain my protein consumption on a normal day so why not get an early jump on that when I'm having a hard time wanting to eating anything anyway.  On particularly humid days when I can't stomach much in the way of solids, I figure I'll be fine with a few protein shakes, a big green juice, and plenty of crystal light in between.  Anybody have a juicer they can't live without?  Breville brand juicers seem to have good reviews in general but there are so many out there that I'm having a hard time making a final decision! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 76 views