How much in one sitting?

starry957
on 7/7/13 12:18 pm

I know that everyone may be a little different, but, as far as a meal goes, what are people eating in one sitting?  I'd like to hear others' specifics/measurements.  I'm pretty sure I'm on track but just double checking! 

For instance, this evening - I had about 21/2 oz of salmon - this was my supper.  Because of my shifts (evenings), I find I do have about 3 small snacks/meals throughout my shift.  I'm ok with this as it makes sense, and has been working for me.  Just wondering about others' experience with this?

Thanks!

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

lunarose
on 7/7/13 2:30 pm - Newhall, CA

It varies some days I am done after only a little and others I surprise myself with how much I eat (not that that is a lot). The past few days with had a house full and did a lot of BBQ. I ate 1/2 a cheeseburger with only half a bun and maybe 1/4 cup of chili and five chips one day the next day I had a bunless hot dog fruit and gasp two s'mores. Now that I am back on track dinner tonight was some minestrone soup and 1/2 ounce Monterey jack cheese.

cappy11448
on 7/7/13 7:21 pm

Hi,

I think you are right on with 2 1/2 oz.  I am about 10 weeks post surgery and I'm eating 2.5 to 3 ounces of protein per meal.  I can sometimes fit a little veggie in, as well - maybe a tablespoons worth.  This is all my tummy can hold.

Keep up the good work.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

stephintexas
on 7/8/13 1:04 am

I have had a high volume sleeve from the beginning. I had to learn not to eat looking for that former "full" feeling but to eat to just take the edge off the hunger. I typically eat a palm full size of protein, sometimes more. If I order at a restaurant, I eat 1/3 to 1/2 of the serving of protein, a few bites of broccoli or asparagus.  Chewing a lot helps slow down consumption and the full feeling hits before I finish. If I get a salad, then I tell them to bring it quickly and I eat half so I have room for the entree. more often than not, I end up boxing up most of my food. At home, I make a salad to eat while cooking. That keeps me from grazing. If I time it right, then I can eat a little salad and am ready for the food when it's done.

At 18 months out, it becomes more about choices since the sleeve won't let me eat copious amounts of food. Early on, it's hard to "feel" full so you have to eye ball it unless you carry a scale. I eye ball a hand full of protein and a hand full of veggies. That seemed to be the best bet.

snowiekate
on 7/8/13 4:31 am - FL

Looks about right - personally, I have about 2 oz of protein with a tablespoon of veggies if possible, or up to 3 oz with no veggies. Anything more than that and my skinny ***** (new tummy) gets mad. :)

~ snowiekate

High 307.2, Pre-liquid: 290.3, Surgery: 282.6

Surgery date May 31, with Dr. Radecke (Riverside Surgical in Sebastian, FL)

jen_vsg_4me
on 7/8/13 9:20 am - Iaeger, WV
VSG on 01/23/13

I had surgery January 23, and I am unable to eat more than an ounce to an ounce and a half.  My sleeve has always been on the small side. Sometimes I think I can eat more, but my sleeve always stops me.  My surgeon said the sleeve will usually hold about 2 to 3 ounces at this stage, so you sound about right. 

My youtube channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/ShrinkingJenn

Surgery Date: January 23, 2013

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views