One Month Surgiversary

claimmaster
on 8/4/13 9:16 pm - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

Well, it's one month today that I had my surgery.  Boy did this month so so much faster than the month before surgery!  I didn't have any problems eating or drinking until I added soft foods, and what I figured out was that I was just eating too much.  I was measuring my food, but over-estimating how much I should eat as I felt no restriction until I started getting more solid food down.  Then I realized I was eating up to 4 times more than I should have been.  Now that I've cut back on the food, I feel SO much better.  I've had to add a lot more liquid protein products back into my diet, and that's working great for me.  My stomach just needs to take it slower than my plan allows.

I, like so many other, have had the 3 week stall.  I'm still in it, and have been floating around the same weight for 2 weeks now, going up 3 pounds, down 3 pounds, down another 2 pounds, then back up 2 pounds.  But for once in my life I'm not feeling stressed about it.  I know what I'm eating, and I know the weight will come off.  I actually laugh as I watch the scale go up and down and up and down.  I think the biggest thing I know now that I've never known before is that I'm not going to gain it ALL back next week and end up back where I started.  I know it's temporary, and that the loss will start again when it's ready.  This is new and huge for me.

I can't thank every person on this forum enough.  You have given me so much information that I wouldn't have gotten anywhere else, and all of your experience and advice has been so helpful.  I hope to stay connected to this forum forever.  I think I need it.

Jane

Oh, and NSV...I saw my belly button in person for the first time in years while I was in the shower yesterday.  I've only seen it in the reflection in the mirror for so long. And this is just the beginning!

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

Vanessa_M
on 8/4/13 9:27 pm
Happy surgiversary! Time does fly!!! Congrats on your NSV. And you're right, this is only the beginning!

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

Debra M.
on 8/4/13 9:32 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13
Jane, Your last statement made me smile. One of my favorite moments was when I realized that my boobs actually stuck out further than my stomach. Life is good.

TexasTerritory
on 8/4/13 10:56 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
Funny about your belly button ~~
jenn227
on 8/4/13 11:05 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

You've learned so much already!!  LOL @ your belly button.  It's amazing how many things we just took for granted that we couldn't see or do...I did my own toes the other night, and I didn't have to contort my body into painful poses to do them!  Keep up the great work!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

stephanieplum
on 8/4/13 11:08 pm
VSG on 06/27/12

Happy 1st Month!!  

lnettles1963
on 8/4/13 11:22 pm
VSG on 07/12/13

You are so right this time has flown, this has been such a learning experience experimenting with food. I think it gives us time to reflect and learn about ourselves.

I appreciate your questions and comments when I have had a questions, you are right again, the support is invaluable.

It's funny how connected you feel to someone who shares your surgery month or who is experiencing the same things you are.

Congrats on your beginning success and I know you will continue you on!!!!!! Best Wishes!!!

jameas
on 8/5/13 12:07 am

Lots to learn I am at 8 weeks and have had lots of trial and error, today my revelation is I MUST have a protein drink after dinner, because thats when I want something so at 6 or 7 I am going to try a protein supplement, and I too have had a stall for 5 days I am thinking it is beacuase of a catch up but the inchs are flying off everyone should measure that wow! 40 inchs so far so 32 # but 40 inchs mean went from a 24 to a 18/20 in pants and from a 3x t a 1x wow! Had to clean out closet lots left so both measures are very encouraging, keep on keeping on! Jamie

rselenesu
on 8/5/13 10:40 am
VSG on 07/15/13

How much was too much when you realized you were eating 4x more than you should have been?  Thanks!

claimmaster
on 8/5/13 10:48 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I ate 2 deli slices of chicken breast.  They are small slices, so I thought that would be about right.  Once I got more in tune with how I was feeling, I found out that a half slice was enough.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

Most Active