losing too much weight- vGS 6/2010

dslim37
on 8/20/13 2:49 am - san antonio, TX

I'm losing toooooo much weight.  280 lbs to 140 lbs.  I can't gain any wt, if I get sick (cold, flu, etc) I drop 5-10 lbs.

I never, ever was able to drink those protein drinks.  I eat pretty healthy, lots of chicken, lamb , seafood and veggies.  My exercise consist of walking.  I even tried to add junk food in the mix and still can't gain.  I'm taking multi-vitamins, etc.

any suggestions?  My daughter tells me to eat and lay down, to gain weight.  I laugh at her, but starting to think it might be a good idea.

danixbanani
on 8/20/13 3:11 am, edited 8/20/13 3:11 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

are you tracking your food?  If so, what is your daily calorie intake?  Perhaps you should up to somewhere between 1500-1800 calories a day to maintain your weight.  Also, try to add more healthy carbs and fats such as avocado, nuts, etc.

Perhaps also add weight training to your exercise regimen.  Cardio usually makes you loose weight whereas weight lifting can make you gain muscle mass.

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

dslim37
on 8/20/13 4:41 am - san antonio, TX

Thank you. I'm tracking my food intake.  I intake approx 1600 to 1800 calories per day

acbbrown
on 8/20/13 3:36 am - Granada Hills, CA

To gain weight you wil have to eat more than your body burns. You can start tracking yoru food and track your weight to get a ballpark of your BMR - or you can pay to have that # tested, but regardless, you will have to track all your calories to figure it out. Guessing probably wont work. 

You dont need to add junk to add healthy calories - add an avocado with your meals or make some guacamole ( ~300 cal, very healthy source of fat), add some nuts for a snack, add peanut butter, full fat milks/cheese, etc. Worse case scenario - drink a large starbucks frappacino every day, eat some ice cream (they even have greek yogurt ice cream so you could get some protein with it too!), high caloric foods. 

Im sure we all know how to gain weight. Try working with a dietician or NUT to do it in a healthy way if that;s a concern, but hope you figure it out soon. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Angie S.
on 8/20/13 3:53 am - ID
Talk to your doctor!

~~Angie~~

datachick
on 8/20/13 4:37 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

Check with your nutritionist!

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

dslim37
on 8/20/13 4:42 am - san antonio, TX

thanks guys, I appreciate all input.

going to see my doctor next week.

thanks again

sunshine1968
on 8/20/13 6:19 am
Speak to doc about thyroid and any other condition-besides wls- that could cause weight loss as well.
kitsyb
on 8/20/13 11:00 am, edited 8/20/13 11:00 am - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12

I was having a problem stopping the weight loss.  I added a bowl of kashi go lean high protein cereal mixed with quaker oat squares. flax seeds and whole almonds with some milk every night before bed as my snack and finally stopped at 132 lbs. and have been there for 11 months now.  I still eat my cereal every night and it keeps me regular every morning :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views