Good day, NSV, good mood!

Hana K.
on 11/5/13 11:47 pm - Annapolis, MD

Hello there,

I'm sort of new to the forum and OH in general.  I've been lurking, reading posts, getting motivated and feeling encouraged by seeing some of your wonderful and heartening success stories.  But today is the first time I've felt like posting.

I've spent the better part of my adult life dieting.  Working out, fads, starvation - you name it, I've tried it.  This year has been an up and down year - I've had some wonderful professional highs and some pretty upsetting personal/health lows.  I reached my highest weight ever and was diagnosed with diabetes, high cholesterol and hyper tension - all in one fell swoop.

After a weekend of crying and feeling sorry for myself, I picked myself up and dusted off my sneakers.  Oddly enough, I had started looking into WLS before I was diagnosed with everything but being diagnosed was a rude and intense wake up call for me and made me more determined.

Since August, I've lost almost 40 pounds. Today, I pulled a skirt out of my closet that hadn't seen daylight in over two years and I put it on.  And I look fabulous.  Even more so, I feel fabulous.

I've been going to all my doctor appointment****ting all my weigh-ins and nutritionist meetings.  At this rate, I believe I'll be ready to schedule surgery by late February, early March.  And I'm nothing but excited and happy.

I've been going to the gym, I started an aerobics class - which, if you know me, you know is pretty incredible - and I've been eating well.

It's a good day.  It's been a good few months.  I'm actually excited and looking forward to going home for the holidays and seeing my family and surprising them with my good health, new look and positive attitude.

Happiness in this aspect of my life has been a long time coming.  And I know it'll continue.

I hope everyone is having just as good a day as I! :)

Happy Hump Day hahaha

Progress: August 2013 - 301 (HW); April 21 - 271 (SW); July 9 - 218.4 (CW)

Jackie T.
on 11/6/13 12:01 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Good for you and for you success thus far!  Take it one day at a time and you will be at goal in no time.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Sandy M.
on 11/6/13 12:11 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

You're doing all the right things - keep it up!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Nikke2003
on 11/6/13 12:23 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Keep up the great work! It really sounds like you are taking great steps toward a healthier life! I'm a true believer that the healthier you get yourself before surgery, the better off you'll be afterwards!

Congrats!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views