It's so OVER!

PerfectAngel
on 2/17/14 12:58 am

I was on the phone with my best friend and had an epiphany! When your relationship is in trouble who do you call, your best friend, BFF, Bestie, and they always give you the advise you need to hear, the Dr. Phil talk.  It is exactly what you need to affect change and prepare for a better relationship! 

The topic of our conversation was food, a relationship that we both have battled with for years.  Her relationship was different than mine but we all know our relationship best, we have had so many experts that have given us tons of advise, we have invested in some, tried and discarded others.  

Then the day comes, divorce!  You are done, you have exhausted all the options, you have let the beast change who you are, it damaged your self confidence, self esteem, and your health! 

VSG was the path I chose to end a distructive relationship and to put my life in the hands of those who have the answers.  Healthy foods, exercise and the benefit, weight loss, it doesn't get any better or simpler!!

I know who I am and I know I can be lulled into bad habits, I have been there!  It is important to help each other stay on track in this forum, having VSG is Life Changing, we took a leap of faith and for most of us, we will begin a better relationship with food!  ~Cheers

Sleeved114
on 2/17/14 1:10 am

Well put. I am still in the breakup stage with my food loves but I I am trying to put it all in perspective. After all, I will have to continue to have a relationship with food as long as I live. I'm just trying to get the upper hand in the relationship. It still isn't easy for me even after a month with the sleeve. I am re-learning what to eat, how much to eat, and when to eat. I still do love food, it hasn't been a healthy relationship but since I recognize that it is true, I have to continue to learn how to love food but not have it take over my life again. The sleeve is helping but the work is not all the way done.

Good luck on your journey.

PerfectAngel
on 2/17/14 6:14 am

So true, "Change" is never easy but choices are and we feel so good when we make the right ones!  Sounds like you have tamed the beast!

Scott S.
on 2/17/14 3:56 am - TX

Great way to relate!  

Congrats on your path!

VSG: 8/8/13 

Calaska
on 2/17/14 2:07 pm - AK
VSG on 08/18/14

Well put!  Enjoy your divorce!

58 yo female, 5'9" HW: 297 SW: 285  Surgery W: 252. CW: 224.8 GW: 160        

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. ~ Frederick Douglass

Most Active