Mayonnaise and nausea

Glow2182
on 2/19/14 6:02 am - WA

I am 4 weeks out of surgery and mostly I am handling the soft food stage just fine (still convincing myself that eating this little is ok)

Today was my second time trying tuna salad made with mayonnaise. Both times now I have felt very nauseous about 10 minutes after eating it. It is not from being overly full, I can tell the difference now. It was also kept refrigerated until just before I ate it so it wasn't from turning bad.

am wondering if this is caused by the high fat content in mayonnaise and if our new tummies  have a hard time dealing with fat now?

HW 505  SW 446  GW 200.       VSG Surgery on 1/22/14

freckles1973
on 2/19/14 6:18 am - Canada

It could be that right now in this early stage..your sleeve just isn't tolertaing tuna and mayo right now. I know I had a hard time digesting..and didn't feel well with tuna as well as eggs at this stage. Sometimes our new tummy takes a while to get used to different foods..even ones we have been eating our whole lives. As far as the fat content..maybe. Depends on what kind of mayo you used light or regular and how much mayo you put in thetuna.

In any case..may be a good idea in not eating the tuna and mayo for now..if it's making you feel yucky.Can always attempt again further down the road when tolerating foods is easier.

Good luck :-) 

HW : 246 PW:220 SW:208 CW:130

VSG surgery on 09/10/2013 with Dr. Henri Atlas

cajunlady1958
on 2/19/14 6:18 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
Everyone is different. I had a hard time with greek yogurt.
Try mixing your tuna with a wedge of laughing cow cheese instead. It taste really good and creamy.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/19/14 9:18 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Laughing Cow cheese wedges go with EVERYTHING.  I love these  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

jndrake
on 2/19/14 7:29 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Hi I have had the same reaction to mayo it made me sick real quick and I threw up, I chalked it up to being too rich and now if I use mayo, I mix it with sour cream or greek yogurt and I haven't had any problems with it since.

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/14 8:01 am - Canada

My first go at tuna didn't go so well (could have been the FF Miracle Whip I used).  I've tried eggs twice and still can't eat them.  I think you have to just try a food and if it doesn't go down well wait a month or so and try again. I've found tzatziki agrees with me and I was wondering if it would mix with tuna.  I love it with chicken but sometimes chicken is hard on my stomach.  Sometimes we have to get creative :)  

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/14 10:44 am

It could be either. You can try tuna with another sauce or skip both for a few weeks and try again later. It was bizarre the random things that set me and hubby off right after surgery!

jlianc
on 2/19/14 10:51 am

I'm three weeks out.  Just had this tiny little cup of chicken of the sea salmon with a little mayo and mustard- couldn't fini**** and my sleeve is not enjoying it at all!  Burning and yuck.   I think for me it's the fish, not the tsp. of mayo.  Not sure why.  I cooked some chicken for my family in cream cheese and cream of chicken soup last week.  It was so soft and moist and somehow easier to puree in my mouth than the fish.  Maybe I'll try canned fish again in a few weeks!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views