Omg why does it hurt still so bad?!

Connor0331
on 3/7/14 1:12 am

I just had the vertical sleeve on Tuesday,  March 4th and I know being sore its to be expected, but omg!!!!!! The pain is horrible I also had a popsicle that had strawberry seeds in it, we'll that didn't work out so well. I got sick to my stomach and noticed a spot of light blood, has anyone every had that too? Sorry to sound like a wimp, but I just get really nervous! Can someone plz give me some in site?  

danixbanani
on 3/7/14 1:26 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

You noticed a spot of blood where?  If it's in your saliva/spit up then that might be worth a call to your doctor.  I know this sounds cliche but on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being truly horrific unbearable pain, where are you at?  You had surgery on a major organ and the stomach/ab muscles are used so often that you are bound to be sore for a while.  If the pain is truly unbearable you need to call your doctor.

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Connor0331
on 3/7/14 2:04 am

The pain is about a 7. It seems to hurt more, when I get up or sit down. Thank you for your advice,  I really appreciate it 

mickeymantle
on 3/7/14 1:35 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

blood and pain means ether a call to your surgeon or a trip to the ER

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

cajunlady1958
on 3/7/14 1:46 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I would definetely call my surgeon. Your stomach was manipulated and a lot of the muscles were bruised so it is going to hurt, but the more you walk and sip the better you will be.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

White Dove
on 3/7/14 2:01 am - Warren, OH

I was told no seeds until three months out, because a seed could get lodged in with the new stiches and cause an infection.

G5x5
on 3/7/14 2:49 am - VA

I don't want to add to the misery, but I'm pretty sure you grabbed the wrong popsicles.  You really should have grabbed the "Popsicles" brand and the sugar-free ones at that.  They're available at Target or Walmart for certain but probably other chain grocery stores.

It sounds like you grabbed any one of a number of different "fruity" products available in the same section.  Don't use anymore or those.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Connor0331
on 3/7/14 2:58 am

Yea,  my mom picked them up for me and she didn't know. I think it was that too, I just talked to the doc and he said that's normal, could be excess blood from the stomach and not to worry unless i start having a fever, chills or a lot of pain. Boy do I feel so much better. Thanks everyone for your help :)

Hislady
on 3/7/14 2:58 am - Vancouver, WA

Besides what the others have suggested try holding a pillow to your stomach when you sit up or stand it will help the pain and yes walking and sipping are your best friends right now. I see your user name is connor so assuming you are a guy (I've been wrong before) and most guys if they haven't had a surgery before seem to feel like they are in more pain than some of the rest of us but if you truely feel a 7 on the pain scale you do need to contact your surgeon first sand formost. It will get better every day, honest!

Connor0331
on 3/7/14 3:01 am

Nope, my names crystal, Connor is my son lol. Thanks I will try that too :) I know it will get better, but boy it seems like forever :(

Most Active