well, well, well...

sleevicidal_maniac
on 3/30/14 9:49 pm

I had an accident in December and fell off my bike on my face.

ouchie smashed my face

I stopped exercising and then the holidays and the never ending barrage of snow and cold got the better of me. I let it go a little bit and had a little regain. In five months since my birthday in November, I put on 15 lbs and an inch in my waist. I made it down to 205 - which was 95lbs lost and 17 from my final goal weight of 188lbs and felt about as good as I have since, well, I don't ever remember feeling so good.

Winter is especially bad for me - every year. However, it's just no excuse to let myself go. I've been trolling and lurking the whole time (save the lapse since my cycling accident - I got pretty depressed) but I'm going to get back to making my journal entries and aim for my goal by my second anniversary of my surgery in August. So, thanks to my lapse and laziness, I have 34 lbs to go, AGAIN.

Today I began my 4th week of T25 and I have been relling the calories back in. Ironically, even though I have been doing high-impact exercise religiously for 3 full weeks, I only lost 1lb. I have seen visual results thoug with weight moving back up to my chest, shoulders and away from my belly, thighs and big rump. I am going to do a full thirty day cleanse after this week and really try to get down to 200lbs. 

May 3rd is my first PCA race and my car deserves to go as fast as it can - an extra 30lbs from its oversized driver doesn't help! 

Thanks Howie for adding your "I'm back" post and thanks to all of you guys and ladies for being a great support network. I will be revisiting this thread shortly with my before and afters of T25 if anyone is interested in that kind of exercise program. (I know it's a lot - but if my fat a$$ can do it, so can yours!) 

See you soon OH F&F! 

Your favorite gummy bear, Jason

weese
on 3/30/14 10:01 pm
VSG on 02/26/14

What an awful  accident! That really looks painful! Your back on track now! Spring will make things easier!

Lisa

Surgery 2/26/14 with Dr. Stephen Marshall in Peoria, Il

Sandy M.
on 3/30/14 10:26 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

ouch!  I had an injury that looked a lot like that from slipping on ice and falling flat on my face.  5 years later I still have no feeling above my eyebrow.

Winter sucks - no doubt about it.  Can't wait to get outside in the fresh air again!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

FindingMyWeigh
on 3/30/14 11:34 pm
VSG on 10/30/13

So sorry to hear about the accident, Jason. That blows hard. But here's something fun..adding muscle by working out like you have is awesome! You didn't "only" lose 1 lb..you just gained yourself some muscle..Way to go!

Keep an eye on those carbs, they are the usual culprits in regain. Hit up Keith L on his exercise diet Q&A and see if he has any suggestions to help you jump start that weight loss again. For me, upping my protein, water and keeping my carbs in the 30-40g range has been the ticket to consistent weight loss.

You totally have this, Jason. Get out there and tear it up!

Colleen 

Tracy D.
on 3/30/14 11:37 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Winter is so difficult for me too, Jason.  Freezing ass cold here in Nebraska, dark all the time, I just want to hibernate.  But spring is coming and I'm looking forward to the sun revitalizing all of us 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/14 2:40 am

You probably lost a great deal more fat than just one pound, it's just that you added more muscle.  Just keep doing what you are doing and making changes to your program as needed and moving forward.  I am so sorry to hear about your accident, but really excited to hear that you got this thing now.  I am cheering you on, can't wait to see the pictures.

frisco
on 3/31/14 5:18 am

That's a gnarly gash !

Get back on it !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views