Over 3 years and having problems w/ stomach

Drema1
on 4/26/14 11:05 am - Sweet Home, OR

I had the VSG preformed on 10-30-10, which was 3 + years ago and I am experiencing bloating and vomiting after I eat or drink anything. The pressure is bad and is relieved after I get sick. I lost my insurance so I cant get it checked until I start the premium's back up. No doctor. I am also craving sweets with a vengeance and find myself slipping back to the old eating patterns. Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Drema 

happyteacher
on 4/26/14 12:36 pm

I am only 28 months out without issues.  For the sugar cravings though it may help to decarb.  Spend 3-4 days on only dense protein and green leafy veggies.  First couple days might be rough, but by day 3 the cravings should all but stop.  As far as the bloating and vomiting when possible see a doc.  In the meantime try tracking eveything you eat to see if you can identify a culprit... something like lactose intolerance or a food allegery is what I would look for. Maybe spend the decarb time eatig only the same few foods that you tolerate, then add in new items one at a time to see if you can identify the offending food.  (This obviously assumes that it is a lactose or allergy issue... but at least checking this way will not cost anything.) 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

acbbrown
on 4/26/14 2:10 pm - Granada Hills, CA

That's how my stomach gets when I don't have the right PPI. I had to try several in order to find the one that lets me eat and digest food normally. Just a thought to ask your doctor about. Im almost three years ut and Ive had sooooo many problems with my stomach since surgery so I definitely understand. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Spanky123
on 4/27/14 3:48 am

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of problems with your stomach have you had? Are they surgery related?

acbbrown
on 4/27/14 9:56 am - Granada Hills, CA

I had tons of acid in my stomach, some reflux, but ever since surgery, my stomach always hurts - at first it was acid related, but then I had an abnormal scope - mine showed narrowing at the bottom part of my stomach, so my "restriction" has been growing over the last year - I went from being able to eat a whole sandwich to puking if I ate more than 2-3 oz (which at 3 yrs out is ridiculous). My problems got A TON better with the dexilant though. My stomach doesnt hurt, and I can eat almost normally again. I still get a really distended looking stomach when I eat, and a lot of bloating, but its still better. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 245 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 313 views